GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,855 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

AuZtralia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup rules - Old one tile and resources at the same hex? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kadu Araujo
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hey guys. Quick question here that is not crystal clear for me: during the setup of the board, if the setup tile says to put an old one on a hex, and right after that another setup tile says to put resources on that same hex, is it allowed to have a hex with booth (face down old one + resources on top)?

And if it is allowed, does the mining action permits the player to grab these resources while the old one is face down? Or it must be defeated / move from that hex first?

(Sorry for any language mistakes. Still working on my English)

Thanks! : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think you can build rail in a hex with an old one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p.7: "Similarly, resources can be placed in a hex with an Old One"

p.8: "You cannot build a Railway into a hex containing an Old One, whether
face up or face down."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadu Araujo
Brazil
flag msg tools
Rodzilla68 wrote:

Totally missed the rule about not building rails that lead directly to old ones on page 8 (thanks gents). As for the page 7 note above, next time I'll also check the English rulebook to cross-check. The translation makes sense but this is more straight forward. : )

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you need to defeat the old one (or have him move away) before building a railway into the hex to get the goodies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
Yup, you need to defeat the old one (or have him move away) before building a railway into the hex to get the goodies

I'm beginning to think there is a lot to be said for using airships to scout out face down tiles at long range. It costs you 1 time, turns them faceup, so you know what they are and they will (eventually) move off their start hex, and also stops them scoring double points at the end. Of course you have to be a bit careful about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
mb
hemulen wrote:
Jim Marshall wrote:

I'm beginning to think there is a lot to be said for using airships to scout out face down tiles at long range. It costs you 1 time, turns them faceup, so you know what they are and they will (eventually) move off their start hex, and also stops them scoring double points at the end. Of course you have to be a bit careful about it.

If you're playing Multiplayer and another player has a farm near it but isn't well militarized, you can poke the bear to secure some points and let it go cause a little havoc for them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
Red onez go fasta!
badge
There are some who call me... Tim.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodzilla68 wrote:

p.8: "You cannot build a Railway into a hex containing an Old One, whether
face up or face down."

Also relevant:
p.9: "The Railway line from your Port to the hex you wish to mine must be free from Old Ones."

So if you build a railway to a mining site and an Old One then moves into that hex you have to kill it or wait for it to move before you can mine that hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.