GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,145 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Ninja Divisions response to the latest Kickstarter complaint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is a very interesting read. I don't think it looks like the company will recover.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iu7HOs3mkd6GCve9LqHT_9Q5rdg...

This vague sentence says at lot about the naivité of these guys: "Unfortunately, the funds we anticipated to have in place in order to begin manufacturing did not materialize."

No, funds don't tend to just materialize. Why would you anticipate funds to materialize unless you were absolutely sure that they were there. You don't plan a million dollar project based on an anticipation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Aronis
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I’m wondering how they will blame this on the backers this time?

I think another discussion (on Reddit potentially?) was about how the licensing fees were brought from a company owned by the same people, which is why they were so expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xavierjackson wrote:
This is a very interesting read. I don't think it looks like the company will recover.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iu7HOs3mkd6GCve9LqHT_9Q5rdg...

This vague sentence says at lot about the naivité of these guys: "Unfortunately, the funds we anticipated to have in place in order to begin manufacturing did not materialize."

No, funds don't tend to just materialize. Why would you anticipate funds to materialize unless you were absolutely sure that they were there. You don't plan a million dollar project based on an anticipation.

I like the breakdown they give on funds collected and funds spent...yet I noticed they did not include the funding they received for late pledges or the Late late pledges when they reopened for the third time after the starfire dragon fiasco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or the money they raised from the siege game and fighters card game. Or the minis they took pre orders for on their website. I'm sure i'm missing some but those are just the one I personally got scammed on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoitaan
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They already have. They basically blame backer toxicity of killing off their catalogue sales meaning they don't have a good steady income stream.

Ignoring the facts that:
1) Most of their hardcore fans already have whats on their catalogue and there's very little new stuff to buy
2) They were responsible for the toxicity in the first place XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.