Subject: Critical runner taking damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Shipham
Germany
Jüterbog
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if I choose NOT to abort when a runner has gone critical, but that runner still has obstacles facing them?

Specifically, I had this situation:
2-player game
The Troll has taken down his own obstacles but the Elf got hit hard and first staggered, then beaten critical in her next turn.
There are now no obstacles facing the Troll. If I abort, the obstacles get moved to the Troll, but if not, the obstacles just keep on kicking the bleeding Elf, to no additional effect, while the Troll is at leisure to take them down (always hoping the crossfire won't be too nasty)?

I can get this into my head thematically - the Troll decker is elsewhere, frantically dancing around the Matrix to save his fellow runner while she's being beaten to within an inch of her life by the Yak muscle who hope to lure her comrades out of hiding.

But in game terms, it seems it's easier than attempting an abort? We got annihilated two turns into the following round as the breather wasn't enough to recover, but we did get two more turns out of it. We couldn't have survived the abort round at all.

Did we play this right or did we miss something? Or is this much more of a fringe case than I think (only got the game today, have only played been killed in three runs so far).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rules you must abort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing by original rules you must abort, if you're playing by the new Prime Runner Edition Rules they omitted that from the rulebook. See this thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2092915/going-it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shipham
Germany
Jüterbog
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks for that!
It did feel wrong. Fancy forgetting to put that in the rulebook!

Back to the shadows, then, to get beat up some more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls