GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Medioevo Universale» Forums » Rules

Subject: GX Rules: Ranger Empire Card (55-56) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dennis
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mb
The text of the card explanation reads:

'One mean of transportation (card 55) or a group of means of transportation which are in the same territory (card 56), along with the accompanying army units, can move unnoticed through 1 or more territories without any reaction from opponents (barbarian or players). Opponents simply ignore the moving unit stack. This power lasts only for the current turn.'

My question is, do the usual movement and barbarian spawning rules still apply?

Do the usual movement rules apply when entering another player's controlled territory (i.e I have to stop) or can I keep moving? For example, lets say I move into another players territory that's got an army of theirs in it. If I stop, they ignore me (for the current turn at least). But, can I move past them into another territory? The card says move through 1 or more territories - suggesting you can keep going - even though you have moved into an enemy controlled territory (and in the movement rules lose all remaining MPs).

Another example, if I move an army through 2 uncontrolled territories, do I spawn 2 barbarian hordes - who then ignore my army? Or does the card cancel out the spawning altogether? Or, can I still move only 1 territory (and the barbarian army ignores me - assuming it's even spawned)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Éric Hupin
Canada
Hudson
Québec
flag msg tools
Hello,
The keyword here are "moving" and "through".
The Ranger's power do not apply if you end your movement in a Barbarian territory. As long as you are simply passing by, Barbarians and others will ignore you.
Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that they are ignored for all purposes. You can pass through armies or barbarian territories without provoking combat or spawning (so you can keep on moving). If you end up a territory with armies (or a barbarian territory which will spawn a horde) then you would have to fight.

If you've played Twilight Imperium, this seems to be the equivalent of 'In the Silence of Space'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dennis
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, so if I’m moving through uncontrolled territories, I only interact with the destination territory (spawn barbarians, who ignore me). That’s a bit like the edict technology.

If I move through a territory containing another player’s armies, I only interact with territory I end my move on. So I can move through their controlled territories (either with or without army units) till I get to my destination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's like Edict except that Edict cannot allow troops to move through barbarian UNITS (only empty barbarian areas).

And yeah you can bypass other players' territories and units to get to your destination.

Very handy and dangerous cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dennis
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarification guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.