GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,017 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions, if you please:

1. Are sword tips required to be attached to the blade in order to score them? Do they need to be attached to a particular side?

2. In solo play, is the Forge essentially a 'dead tile'? I can't see any use for it.

Hopefully the answers are straightforward. It's a fun game with a surprisingly sturdy gimmick, but I feel that the rulebook is a bit under-written when it comes to the finer points of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Collin,

Good questions. The sword tips do not need to be assembled to any particular side to be scored. If people really want to assemble them for aesthetics but do not have an even # of tiles at the end of the game, it is fine to slot them both into an odd tile for aesthetic purposes.

The forge is a dead tile in the solo rules just like it is a dead tile in the final round of the base game. These are good FAQs to consider adding to the rulebook upon future printing. Keeping the rulebook concise and laser-focused and comprehensive on the most important points of play was the main goal.

I hope that helps! Glad to hear the gimmick is surprisingly sturdy. We think so too and we're super proud of the final result. More "crafter" concepts are already in the works.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.