GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,810 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Castles of Burgundy $19.27 - Deal of the Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Moore
msg tools
badge
BGG: The Castles of Burgundy
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UWYK22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Qu.6...
CCC (Best Price): https://camelcamelcamel.com/Ravensburger-Castles-Burgundy-Bo...
Board Game Prices: https://boardgameprices.com/prices/castleburgundy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always heard good things and at this price I can gift it to my newly indoctrinated board gaming brother/sister.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have purchased this game about 3 or 4 times now when it drops down below $20. Everybody says it's a great game but it looks so plain that I never get around to playing it and end up just selling it. I think it's one of those that I'll never end up playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Robbins
United States
Browns Mills
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gassyjoe wrote:
I have purchased this game about 3 or 4 times now when it drops down below $20. Everybody says it's a great game but it looks so plain that I never get around to playing it and end up just selling it. I think it's one of those that I'll never end up playing.

hands down probably the ugliest game in my collection and probably one of the top ugliest games out there relative to such a high rank.

That being said...

It's an extremely fun game and I would definitely power through a tutorial to learn it and play it, I've played it quite a bit and will always welcome it to the table now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe G

California
msg tools
gassyjoe wrote:

It is a plain looking game, and for it's msrp you'd think you'd get more in terms of art and look.

That said, it is one of the best games I've ever played. Not that I've played dozens and dozens of games, but I adore it. It's not so fantastic looks lend to it's charming, and this game is charming as f$@k.

Looks wise it's a 4 or 5 five, but I have seen worse, game play wise and replay-ability wise it is a 10 across the board.

Getting your not so greatly illustrated cluck cluck chickens to finish off a farming section 8 tiles big with 3 or 4 other cluck cluck chicken tiles to score huge is so satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Casillas
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why not?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it’s a hideous game, but it’s also one of the most well designed ones I’ve ever played. If you can get past the looks, it’s an absolute gem. CoB is like the butter-face of board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gassyjoe wrote:

Second best dice placement game I have played. Troyes being first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I'm just weird, because I don't think it looks bad at all, but the gameplay is just... okish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
Guess I'm just weird, because I don't think it looks bad at all, but the gameplay is just... okish.

I'm with you. The art and design are not great, but they're not really bad.

However, I think the gameplay is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borde
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Purchased. Great game but I wish they would have upgraded it at some point. Thanks for sharing this deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.