GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Merlin: Arthur Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stairs action (Arthur rondel) question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When Arthur lands on the Stairs action space (advance your Knight clockwise to the next Province and assign a Henchman there) can you spend a blue fish banner to move your Knight anticlockwise or a brown eagle banner to advance to the next Province and then move to the opposite Province and do the action there? Or can these banners only be used in conjunction with the coloured Knight die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would allow the banners to be used with this space. The banners apply to knight movement, and this is knight movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.

In my opinion, the move anti/counter clockwise flag or the move to the opposite side after your Knight moves is specifically for a Knight movement (a Knight dice) and I wouldn't consider it OK to use in this context since it's really an Author action that you are taking.

One thing I do consider OK though is using a Merlin staff on the Author action that moves Merlin. You didn't mention this, but this context/combo does seem in the spirit of the combo use, where the Knight related flags don't.

I can see both perspectives on this though, so it will need an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peeked at the rules properly and the flags just refer to moving the knight not moving the knight with a die so would rule yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.