GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,724 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I see you can still activate cards and abilities after a unit automatically passes a panic test. Does this mean you could possibly play a card/ability that actually makes them "reroll" a passed panic test to force them to roll even though they actually rolled no dice? I am thinking yes. Just clarifying because I am trying to get my group into more miniature style games so I have someone to play with, and want it to go as smoothly as possible, lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Well if they automatically pass, there are no dice to re-roll... or even if there are, the results wouldn't matter, because they automatically pass. They could roll snake-eyes, but it's still a pass.

What are your specific examples though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a specific example or anything. It is a question I got from reading the rulebook where it talks about automatic passes on panic tests still counting for cards and abilities that trigger from panic tests. Just wanting to clarify before I try and teach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Ah. I see.

So best example I could give would be Lannister Supremacy, which triggers off of a passed Panic Test.

If the unit is attacked and suffers no Wounds, the rules state I automatically pass the Panic Test portion of the attack. It's an important distinction versus, say, "not having to take the test", because I have an Ability (Lannister Supremacy) that specifically triggers when I pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.