GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,504 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » General

Subject: Awful packaging for miniatures expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Was excited to receive this expansion today but this packaging is awful. Box is super thin and arrived warped. Worse, all the minis were just thrown in 2 big baggies. I have no easy way of taking stock except to dump everything and then fix stuff up and then theres no storage solution. Sorry. But I find this a super shoddy package no matter how gorgeous the minis might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Awful packaging for ministures expansion
Nice to know what I am in for...yeesh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
cvlw wrote:
Was excited to receive this expansion today but this packaging is awful. Box is super thin and arrived warped. Worse, all the minis were just thrown in 2 big baggies. I have no easy way of taking stock except to dump everything and then fix stuff up and then theres no storage solution. Sorry. But I find this a super shoddy package no matter how gorgeous the minis might be.

It’s inexcusable and what’s worse this is the second edition. The first edition had inserts for the miniatures. This one an extra small box in two bags. They really cheaped out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
[/q] It’s inexcusable and what’s worse this is the second edition. The first edition had inserts for the miniatures. This one an extra small box in two bags. They really cheaped out. [/q]

REALLY?!? Well I had no idea but that irks me even more, then. And I should say, I fully get that these things are not cheap to produce, etc. In that case, do right by customers and let them know what that means. Waiting for this package I expected a box with low grade but functional plastic trays just to keep things managed. I really don't have a sensible place to just dump 50 minutes and display them as I figure out which ones get painted first. So now I have to find an insert solution. Which again, if they're up front and say, we can sell you these minis for X price but that means this kind of packaging, then I know what's coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
NEW DESCENT DLC???
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely understand the concerns, especially since the 1e came with a solution; managing expectations is always a big thing. That said, many games I have have come this way, the point being it certainly isn't a unique thing?

(I tend to toss the inserts for a more organized 'pop and play' plano solution - once the plastic is gone too I have better noted 'what I actually got' compared to first appearances.)

I wonder if they had to dump the insert (and the cost of a packaging redesign) because of the included figure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cook
United States
Hendersonville
TN
flag msg tools
mb
Question from someone who doesn't own the game...what scale are the miniatures? I am thinking about picking them up to use with other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcook119 wrote:
Question from someone who doesn't own the game...what scale are the miniatures? I am thinking about picking them up to use with other games.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1859579/figure-size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon mb
msg tools
yes this is how they came for me too, kinda disappointed but i usually make my own inserts or buy foam to store in the box. also the mini's are a slightly strange size, kinda large. i like them overall but they might not mix well with other minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Munro
Canada
flag msg tools
Me also, i would like to see someone from Greenbrier games chime in here and explain. Then they publish this guide on how to unbend them once they arrive. mine were mangled, embarrassing.

[url]http://greenbriergames.com/press/project_folklore/pdf/FLXX%2...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.