GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,108 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Forum Trajanum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Envoy with no space in the forum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Gammerdinger
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
We played a game today where all of the green spaces in the forum were taken and I still built a green building. I didn't see what exactly I should do in the rulebook with my envoy in this situation, but maybe I missed something. I went ahead and just didn't place an envoy out on the forum.

My logic was as follows:

"When you have built a colored structure in your Colonia, you may use one of your Colonia tiles lying at the bottom right of your Colonia as an envoy." (Page 25)

I thought the key wording here was "may" thus it is not mandatory.

"Send this envoy (with the back facing up, so that the envoy is visible) to Rome and place the tile on an unoccupied mosaic space of the Forum square – a space that has the same color as the just­ built structure." (Page 25)

However, it MUST be placed on an unoccupied space of the same color as the building. Thus, if there is not an unoccupied space of the same color as the building then you may not engage in placing an envoy into the forum.

Is that the consensus on what to do in this situation? Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe you are correct sir. If all places of a colour is full you can't place your envoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same situation and concluded, you cannot send him then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.