GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,405 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Wild Assent» Forums » General

Subject: Worth it just for the minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joshua Vieira
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Let's assume the game sucks... was this game worth the money just for the sweet plastic goodness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought so - I bought it, robbed it's mini's and sold off the components ( though didn't make much as shipping consumes portion ). Understand that the miniatures are not that big - which is great for me as I can store them so much easier. I love the miniatures, I would give them an A for design and B for manufacturer quality ( bit better than older CMON games, not quite as good as the newer hard plastic CMON is employing - but very nice quality all the same ). So I say "yes", but of course, opinions vary. I'm finding I like board game miniatures much more than we see from miniature companies - I think it's because board games have an art budget and can design some cool stuff, but who knows. I calculated the cost per miniature is in line with Reaper, but the quality of the material and the amazing designs blow Reaper away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Handschuh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
gelaar wrote:
I thought so - I bought it, robbed it's mini's and sold off the components ( though didn't make much as shipping consumes portion ). Understand that the miniatures are not that big - which is great for me as I can store them so much easier. I love the miniatures, I would give them an A for design and B for manufacturer quality ( bit better than older CMON games, not quite as good as the newer hard plastic CMON is employing - but very nice quality all the same ). So I say "yes", but of course, opinions vary. I'm finding I like board game miniatures much more than we see from miniature companies - I think it's because board games have an art budget and can design some cool stuff, but who knows. I calculated the cost per miniature is in line with Reaper, but the quality of the material and the amazing designs blow Reaper away.

I'm assuming you replied to this not realizing it was for Wild Assent? This game isn't even close to being out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
healthyzombie wrote:
gelaar wrote:

I'm assuming you replied to this not realizing it was for Wild Assent? This game isn't even close to being out yet.

Oops! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.