GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,198 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Red Menace» Forums » News

Subject: Red Menace: 2nd Edition Now Available as Print-On-Demand from The Game Crafter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd Edition of Red Menace is now available from The Game Crafter in Print-On-Demand format. The 2nd edition includes all new artwork for the map, counters, reference sheets, cards, box cover and new rules and scenarios. The use of cards for Random Events and Soviet Cities (for Soviet AI Target Assignment) instead of chit-pull are also new for this edition.

For owners of the 1st Edition, read this for a list of differences: Red Menace: 2nd Edition Comparison with 1st Edition

A Print-N-Play version will be released in early 2019 along with new scenarios and a scenario generator.

Note: at this time, The Game Crafter is estimating 3 weeks to process orders. In my experience, shipment is usually before the estimated ship date, but there is no guarantee.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/red-menace-2nd-edition-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently I am way behind...

Print on Demand Wargames with real counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
Apparently I am way behind...

Print on Demand Wargames with real counters?

Yes, they are laser-cut counters (with some soot of course). The 1st edition by White Dog Games had laser-cut counters as well, but they were twice as thick.

Brent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbwphx wrote:

A new post on BGG will be created to show the differences between 1st and 2nd edition later today. Once created, I'll add the link here.

I'm wanting to read this before buying, so eagerly awaiting

Quote:

A Print-N-Play version will be released in early 2019 along with new scenarios and a scenario generator.

If we order from Game Crafter now, what access will we have to the new scenarios and scenario generator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
rbwphx wrote:

A new post on BGG will be created to show the differences between 1st and 2nd edition later today. Once created, I'll add the link here.

I'm wanting to read this before buying, so eagerly awaiting

Quote:

If we order from Game Crafter now, what access will we have to the new scenarios and scenario generator?

Just posted the differences topic a few minutes ago:
Red Menace: 2nd Edition Comparison with 1st Edition

The new scenarios and generator will be a free download.

Regards,
Brent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dunn
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just ordered mine!

$49.99 + shipping which is expected to ship on December 10,2018.

Looking forward to it!

Best!

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.