GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,309 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
102 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Annoying when a thread gets sidetracked rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: predictable [+] [View All]
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it annoying when there's a thread with a clear point or question at its heart and it gets sidetracked, usually by just 2 or 3 Geeks who take it off at an angle down a narrow path or even away on some barely-related subject. Until eventually the discussion has almost no connection to the original post and all those who were originally interested have left.

Interesting to hear your relevant views on this simple and focused subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Any want to talk about cheese? I just saw a really cool cheese advent calendar that I want to get for my wife this year. Personally I'm a big fan of sharp cheddar, but everyone else in my house prefers mild. I'm just like pleaasseeeee can we get the sharp.

In all seriousness though, people are just talking. You can't control the actions of others, but you can control your reaction to it. If it bothers you so much that you felt compelled to make a thread about it, you're letting something out of your control negatively influence your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
Any want to talk about cheese? I just saw a really cool cheese advent calendar that I want to get for my wife this year. Personally I'm a big fan of sharp cheddar, but everyone else in my house prefers mild. I'm just like pleaasseeeee can we get the sharp.

In all seriousness though, people are just talking. You can't control the actions of others, but you can control your reaction to it. If it bothers you so much that you felt compelled to make a thread about it, you're letting something out of your control negatively influence your thoughts.

Ahh... thought you'd got it with the first para, realise you didn't with the second whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian taylor wrote:
Iridium192 wrote:

Ahh... thought you'd got it with the first para, realise you didn't with the second whistle

Heh, it's hard to tell tone online. Wasn't sure which way this was going so I went with both directions haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conversations drift. It happens.

And for something apropos...
mbThreadjacker - I go off on tangents!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
Ian taylor wrote:
Iridium192 wrote:

Heh, it's hard to tell tone online. Wasn't sure which way this was going so I went with both directions haha.

Then nicely done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not annoy me.

Threads are living things. People will take the discussion in whatever direction it evolves. Thread creators have no say over how the discussion goes.

I just choose not to let something like that be annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

I like pie, but it's hard to find a good baker in my area. Does anybody know any good pie bakers in the Iowa/Illinois border area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

I like pie, but it's hard to find a good baker in my area. Does anybody know any good pie bakers in the Iowa/Illinois border area?

Did you ever try a cheese pie from Wisconsin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

It's at times like this when I ask myself, "What would the nazis have done about this?".

Godwin wrote:
There ought to be a law about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis McCown
United States
Uniontown
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

Leave that there, someone else will pick it up. It's like dealing with your teenage kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Travdaddy11 wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

Leave that there, someone else will pick it up. It's like dealing with your teenage kid.

When my kids are teenagers I'm just going to deny them cheese when they are bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
Travdaddy11 wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

When my kids are teenagers I'm just going to deny them cheese when they are bad.

I cotija you doing something that wasn't gouda! Teleme why you act like such a muenster! In queso you decide to brie bad again, I will feta you to your room forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could go off topic, but that would be the topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, we could focus on cheese, but you're missing the main point. Ham, people, wake up! Who is eating all the ham? There was loads in my fridge yesterday, today - none. And they changed the theme tune to Coronation Street. Coincidence? I don't think so. Something is going on, and it stinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian taylor wrote:
Isn't it annoying when there's a thread with a clear point or question at its heart and it gets sidetracked, usually by just 2 or 3 Geeks who take it off at an angle down a narrow path or even away on some barely-related subject. Until eventually the discussion has almost no connection to the original post and all those who were originally interested have left.
This thread should have been posted in the Complaints Department.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:

I get the joke and so on, but I would love a cheese advent calendar... that's a great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
It only annoys me when I'm the OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Ian taylor wrote:
This thread should have been posted in the Complaints Department.

Or Chit-Chat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
In Vermont they make apple pie with cheddar cheese on top. amazingly good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

And here, I thought Wisconsin only had cow pies.
Learn something new every day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Iridium192 wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Discuss.

I have not had a cheese pie though I have been to Wisconsin many times. Is it different than cheesecake? When I go to Wisconsin I tend to pick up cheese curds.

Go squeaky cheese!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Iridium192 wrote:

I get the joke and so on, but I would love a cheese advent calendar... that's a great idea!

If you have an Aldi near you, it's a real thing.

Edit: I see you're in poland haha, so probably not.

Edit Edit: I just now looked it up and realized there are international aldi locations. Who knew? Didn't realize they were so big! Not sure if they're stocking those advent calendars all over the world though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Iridium192 wrote:

I agree, hadn't registered that in the original post - great idea!! I'd buy one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.