GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,197 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Fantastic Beasts: Perilous Pursuit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beast Reaction re-roll? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is about the Beast Reaction on the teal dice. Since in the Actions section (page 5) it says "This symbol must be resolved immediately when rolled."
Our question is, can it also be re-rolled among those 3 times of a player's turn?

We take this to mean that if we roll Beast Reaction on the teal die during our 1st roll, we would immediately resolve the beast reaction before performing a second roll.

This being the case, can the teal die also be included among the dice to re-roll for a 2nd roll?

If so, then we would assume that if Beast Reaction pops up again, it would again take effect.

Or, once rolled and a Beast Reaction is performed, does the die not get rolled again?
We don't read anything in the rules saying the teal die is locked once Beast Reaction appears, so we assume it can be re-rolled with all the dice for the 2nd and 3rd rolls.

But we'd like to have this clarified before we post our review. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe rolling the teal die is sort of a "press your luck" or "risk vs. reward" feature. I believe you suffer the consequences of the beast reaction icon every time you roll it on your turn. You can reroll it with your rerolls but you may also suffer the consequences of the beast reaction again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vaughnerich wrote:
I believe rolling the teal die is sort of a "press your luck" or "risk vs. reward" feature. I believe you suffer the consequences of the beast reaction icon every time you roll it on your turn. You can reroll it with your rerolls but you may also suffer the consequences of the beast reaction again.

I emailed the publisher as well and they confirmed this is correct. You can re-roll at your own risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
So, can you play a re-roll card to reroll and avoid the beast reaction? Or does it have to be resolved before you could apply the card? (Assuming the latter)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.