GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Paths of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: The Newest Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The newest edition of Paths of Glory is scheduled for November/December as per GMT website. I asked via the chat function how much of a chance that it will be on schedule. I was told there was no way to know because "the game is not in our warehouse yet." Does anyone know if its unusual that a game scheduled for November/December release would not be in the warehouse? How long before release would a game typically show up in the warehouse. I'm trying to decide on buying a 5th Edition in the Market. Seems that GMT is having more and more games delayed from the announced release time. I'm wondering if this game is destined for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The new edition is imminent. Unless your need is extremely urgent for some reason just be patient. It's on the schedule and on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's good to know. A couple of GMT products just keep getting pushed back. I was hoping PoG would not fall into this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would strongly recommend to wait. The deluxe edition will be the definitive edition of the game. I ordered this one a year ago, so another month (or two) won't matter much to me.

Regards,

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Will there be any changes-changes, or is it just a component quality bump?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there will be a two sided map. On the other side is the WBC setup (i.e. VP cities updated) to reflect the better balanced play (voided the abusive Non-GOA opening gambit)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two-sided map to include official tournament historical version in addition to classic version. Includes long out of print optional cards. Some rule changes/clarifications. Improved and updated player aides. Text updates on some cards. See GMT site for details, as I might have missed a few changes in this summary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafta Lino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From GMT November 16 Update: "Our last shipments for the year will go right after we're finished with Commands & Colors reprint shipping. These four will ship - roughly Dec. 15-20: ... Paths of Glory, Deluxe Edition"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.