GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Zombicide: Invader» Forums » General

Subject: # of characters in a 2player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
do you play 2 or 4 characters in a 2player/solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think read somewhere you always play with 6 characters but, don't take my word for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evidence wrote:

Depends on the scenario. If you are playing one of the rare 4+ character scenarios, you play with 4. Most are 6 character scenarios, and I don't think there are any 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Istand corrected... or sit actually yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
evidence wrote:

Depends on the scenario. If you are playing one of the rare 4+ character scenarios, you play with 4. Most are 6 character scenarios, and I don't think there are any 2.

Are you talking about other versions of Zombicide? I know modern Zombicide had 4+ missions, but I thought with Invader the Kickstarter campaign said that every mission was built with 6 characters in mind...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
For Black Plague and Green Horde, each had a single “4+” introductory mission intended to teach the game. All other scenarios for both games are intended for 6 survivors.

Forum posts about playing with fewer survivors are very common, coming up every couple of months year after year. But no one has ever come up with a good solution.

These games and their scenarios are designed around a full complement of survivors. Using smaller teams leads to poor game balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
SaintHax wrote:

Are you talking about other versions of Zombicide? I know modern Zombicide had 4+ missions, but I thought with Invader the Kickstarter campaign said that every mission was built with 6 characters in mind...?

Doesn't matter-- you play with the number it recommends, unless you want it easier or harder. We could speculate whether there will be a 4 character intro, or a 4, 5, 7, or 8 character mission released on zombicide.com, but the answer to the OP is you use the mission's guidelines and divide among the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.