GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar – Ariovistus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Arverni March rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Neff
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a hard time understanding the fourth bullet point of Section A6.2.2. I get that the first thing you do is march into the Target Region from adjacent regions. Then I'm confused.

If an "At-War Region" is not adjacent to the Target Region, and there is no (or multiple) "additional destination Region that has either
Aedui or Roman Control in it—Aedui first—and where movement
in by remaining adjacent Marching Warband groups would remove
that Control" then what do you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redboot wrote:
I'm having a hard time understanding the fourth bullet point of Section A6.2.2. I get that the first thing you do is march into the Target Region from adjacent regions. Then I'm confused.

If an "At-War Region" is not adjacent to the Target Region, and there is no (or multiple) "additional destination Region that has either
Aedui or Roman Control in it—Aedui first—and where movement
in by remaining adjacent Marching Warband groups would remove
that Control" then what do you do?
My understanding is that if there are no such regions the Arverni simply march in place, i.e. stay in the region and flip to hidden.
EDIT: If there are multiple then I'd pick randomly since that seems to be the normal way to decide between equal priorities.
Upon reading this now I am becoming unsure if the "at most one additional region" is per origin or globally. Previously I assumed it would be globally.

Also, I think you check all regions to see if the Arverni are marching out, not just At War regions. Note how only A6.2.1 includes the following quote "only in those Regions meeting the conditions above to set Arverni At War (“At War Regions”)"
A6.2.2, A6.2.3, and A6.2.4 do not have this so I think March, Raid, and Battle/Ambush are not limited to At War regions. Of course at least one region needs to be at war or the entire Arverni phase is skipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

"At War" is not necessary for either origins or destinations of Arverni March (the Target Region will be At War, of course).

After any March into the Target Region, the Arverni may March into at most 1 other Region.

That Region will be either Aedui or Roman Control. The Arverni will only March into such a Region if they can remove that Control. They choose among Aedui Control Regions first, then Roman Control, within those, at random.

Does that answer? thanks!
Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Niko, globally is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.