GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,855 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Santo Domingo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why the discard piles are face-down? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What's the point of face-down piles? Why not leave the cards face up? I seems like an additional memory exercise that doesn't connect to the rest of the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Most players tend to think about their next turn much too long, if all information are available. Since the game is intended to have a fast and smooth gameplay, I decided to turn the discarded cards on their backside. Players now tend to play much faster and with more fun relying on their feeling (and skill to remember what already hay been played :-) ).

If your group wants to have all the information on the table for more strategy and accepts about double playtime, there is no objection against laying out all discarded cards face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
REAL TIGRIS wrote:
Most players tend to think about their next turn much too long, if all information are available. Since the game is intended to have a fast and smooth gameplay, I decided to turn the discarded cards on their backside. Players now tend to play much faster and with more fun relying on their feeling (and skill to remember what already hay been played :-) ).

If your group wants to have all the information on the table for more strategy and accepts about double playtime, there is no objection against laying out all discarded cards face up.

This game got a lot of love in our group as a quick but thinky start of the night game. Slowing it down would kill it for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.