GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,535 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Judge Dredd: Block War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan
Ireland
flag msg tools
First of all the art work on the cards is great and love seeing a new Judge Dredd game. Unfortunately the rule book leaves a lot to be desired. I have a few questions after the first play.

1. Riot Foam Card - No mention of how this works anywhere in the rules. What does this card do? Does it foam the door only or the unit behind it as well? Does the foam stop the player opening and closing the door? Does the foam stop the player moving the unit behind that door? Does the unit behind the foamed door still defend against attacks?

2. High Explosives Card - When this card destroys a closed gate what happens to the unit behind the closed gate? Is the unit destroyed and if not does the unit have to move because it can not be behind a destroyed gate?

3. Stumm Gas - Does this card work through a closed gate or does the gate have to be open?

4. Judge Dredd - How do you pick the strongest gate? Strongest defence or strongest attack?

5. When an action card is drawn into the street you play the ability immediately. Is the card then discarded and the empty space filled up again?

Also a few questions about the gameplay. When a destroyed gate is across from the other players active gate, is the only way to destroy that gate to manipulate the Judge cards or to get a card like the stubb gun card that just destroys a gate?

At the end of the game we played both players had one gate left. The game just became who could draw a card first that allowed them to destroy a gate. All unit cards were useless as the gates were not across from each other. I wonder are we playing correctly as this was not a satisfying ending to the game.

An FAQ for this game would be great as some stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Bürger
Germany
Neustadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great that you've already jumped into it! Where did you get it? I'm still searching and can't wait to try it out :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
Ireland
flag msg tools
I got it online from chaos cards. They seem to be out of stock now. The 2000AD website is taking pre-orders I think. If I was you I would maybe wait for more reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Bürger
Germany
Neustadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered now from fantasywelt. Must have it since I'm a Dredd fan. Hope it's good gameplay as well otherwise it just enriches my dredd collection :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Ferman
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jordan,
1. The Riot Foam is placed on an opponents gate card, rendering it useless until your opponent (on their turn) spends 3 AP to remove it. As long as the card is on the gate, for endgame purposes, is destroyed. Example, if your opponent has 4 destroyed gates and 1 gate with Riot Foam on it, the game ends.

2 Hi-Ex. A gate that is destroyed also destroys the occupying units.

3. Stumm Gas only works through open gates.

4. Judge Dredd - Strongest attack

5. Justice Department Action cards are used (if they can be) when drawn then discarded, then immediately replaced. There should never be an empty space in the street.

One strategy I've found that works best is to manipulate the JD to destroy the gates.

We are working on some how to play videos and the FAQ is on its way on our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
Ireland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarifications. Looking forward to the videos and FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.