GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dungeon Universalis» Forums » General

Subject: Question on the Bestiary Book 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert O'Koon
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this required for the campaign that comes with the main box or is this additional content for player created content only.

Also, are there standees included for the new creature types in the bestiary 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Zuara
msg tools
No its not necesary for the campaign coming with the game. It will however be used for future campaigns and content released later. Also it can be used to create additional content by players.
Theres no standdees for it, but it was hinted they might come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Dedman
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So they released another 60 or so standees in one of the stretch goals, which is a darn fine stretch goal I would say! 40 or so of these are related to bestiary 2.

I am thinking of dropping my pledge including the minis and bestiary 2, to just get the bestiary 2 as a (15 euro) add on instead, and just play with standees.

I'm not 100% clear on the bestiary though - if I didn't get bestiary 2 would I therefore not be able to use the standees that were unlocked in the stretch goal, so I'd end up with a pile of unusable standees? More investigations required methinks - only 10 hours to go of the campaign.

Edit - also Julia, you said above that bestiary 2 will be "used for future campaigns and content released later". I assume with the release of the standees during the KS campaign, the standees will obviously be used, but would you have to switch between two books if you had monsters from both bestiaries? And do no campaigns already exist which utilise monsters from bestiary 2 and it'll be future or fan made content which will use them? I'm not even clear how it is chosen which of the 400 or so monsters appear in which scenarios!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Slumpy wrote:

I'm not 100% clear on the bestiary though - if I didn't get bestiary 2 would I therefore not be able to use the standees that were unlocked in the stretch goal, so I'd end up with a pile of unusable standees? More investigations required methinks - only 10 hours to go of the campaign.

From the update 48 :

Quote:
At least 60 new standees will be added (if the final layout allows me to increase that number I certainly will). 20 of them belong to creatures in Bestiary 1, and the other 40 to Bestiary 2, although, as you will see, they will also be able to represent some profiles in the first book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.