GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,937 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gùgōng» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Great Wall: scoring issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H. Thordsen
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Word frmo the original rules: "When a section of the Great Wall is completed, immediately execute the Great Wall Scoring and Intrigue Benefits".

How do I need to interprete this "immediately"? Assume I complete the section in first action while having changed the card at the wall, allowing a second wall action. Or I do travel for two tiles, both to place a servant at the wall. It is of importance for majorities at the wall, if I need to score exactly that time I place a servant at the field below the number-of-player-symbol or if I am allowed to complete all my moves activities (card and location) before scoring the wall. As there are empty spaces for servants behind the number-of-player-symbol at the wall, I assume (and this is how I played so far) I score at the end of my move (after all my actions) - but it is not clearly stated in the rules and the word "immediately" usually means somewhat different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Laumen
Netherlands
Sittard
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
hthordsen wrote:
Assume I complete the section in first action while having changed the card at the wall, allowing a second wall action.

Perform the card action, placing as many servants as the action allows you, then score the wall. Then perform the location action, placing as many servants as the action allows you, then score the wall again (if possible).

hthordsen wrote:
Or I do travel for two tiles, both to place a servant at the wall.

Score after the first travel tile action (if possible), score after the second travel tile action (if possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Thordsen
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
@dennislaumen - thanks for your interpretation, but is this official? Some source for this? To be honest, I wouldn't like it (but who am I...). Why are there three more servant spots on the wall after the five player score spot? Would want to use my whole move activities to break majority if possible, not being forced to score for others when completing just to the spot with the player-number above.

EDIT: ok, for the three more spots there is an explanation given at https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2084027/building-wall-china...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Thordsen
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:

hthordsen wrote:

Score after the first travel tile action (if possible), score after the second travel tile action (if possible).

so scoring might be in the middle of a single travel action paid with 2 servants to pickup 2 (build-at-the-wall-)tiles, not waiting to complete the whole travel action before scoring? This is exacty what I had in a game, since then I have this query in mind what "immediately" means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The immediately just mean at the end of any action, and before the next one.

So as Dennis said, if the first action complete the section of the Wall (let say the card action), then it is scored before taking the next action (the Great Wall location action).

It can also be done with the right Travel tokens too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Salter
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
hthordsen wrote:
Quote:

hthordsen wrote:

so scoring might be in the middle of a single travel action paid with 2 servants to pickup 2 (build-at-the-wall-)tiles, not waiting to complete the whole travel action before scoring? This is exacty what I had in a game, since then I have this query in mind what "immediately" means.

If you have a look at Page 8 of the rules you'll see in the description of the Travel Token that places a Servant on The Great Wall, that it does specify that if the placement completes the section, a scoring will happen. That definitely means that you cannot double travel to add two Servants to The Great Wall to grab the majority. You'll add one, score, then add another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FREDERIC
France
CHERBOURG
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm OK with Francois LC AND Rayan Salter, Example (page 9) :
Game with 4 players, a player place 2 Servants until 5 players with the Action to Great Wall. But it's not the same with 2 Travel token because it's 2 Actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:

So as Dennis said, if the first action complete the section of the Wall (let say the card action), then it is scored before taking the next action (the Great Wall location action).

If the player paid to do the Action of the location that allows him to place 2 Servants, that's only one action, correct, so he places both servants and the scores even if by placing the first one the scoring could be triggered, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

If the player paid to do the Action of the location that allows him to place 2 Servants, that's only one action, correct, so he places both servants and the scores even if by placing the first one the scoring could be triggered, correct?

Correct to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.