7 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unique Asset Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grafenskopa
msg tools
mbmbmb
After playing 4 games with players, and 2 solo plays to understand the rules, I have only encountered getting Dogmeat from the Unique Asset Card pile once.

My question is:
Is it that rare to encounter the Unique Asset Cards? When do they really appear?

Saw some house ruling, adding the Asset Cards to shop which sounded pretty interesting. If that is the case that the Asset Cards are so rare that they will only be obtained through very specific encounters, after a longer game play, maybe that will be how I will add Asset Cards to the game. Unless there is some other secret way I haven't learned yet. -_^

Illuminate me, please.

Loved the easter egg in Fallout 44, New California btw ^_^b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Unique assets only come into play from specific encounter chains in the default encounter decks (for a few, like Dogmeat), and mostly from specific sidequests (which may or may not show up depending on your mainquest choices, and in fact may not even be able to show up regardless of choices, depending on the scenario)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grafenskopa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you. From your reply I gather that they are 'that' unique and rare. ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Vrolijk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
They are indeed. And given that you get them by name, it's best to keep the deck organized alphabetically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hint on one of the asset:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you get the ruins encounter of a dead man with a family picture, and follow this sidequest up until its end, you will get a powerful weapon. With a little luck, you could obtain it pretty early in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
The whole point of the unique assets are rare "legendary" items or allies that you get from following quest lines or doing something epic in a quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Jamelrha wrote:
Hint on one of the asset:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you get the ruins encounter of a dead man with a family picture, and follow this sidequest up until its end, you will get a powerful weapon. With a little luck, you could obtain it pretty early in the game.

Could you tell me which one gets the mysterious stranger? I've been trying to find him for the longest time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls