GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,567 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart» Forums » General

Subject: It seems the same to me as Monopoly Gamer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Dimalanta
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
How is this any different from Monopoly Gamer? I mean don't get me wrong, my kids LOVE monopoly gamer, but this looks like the same thing.

How is it different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you land on or pass GO, instead of fighting a boss character on your own, you initiate a race in which everyone can pay to participate in. Board spaces and powers are also different, more geared towards Mario Kart than the last game. Unfortunately, there isn't a deluxe version, so I just use the coins from the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
boss battles are different. its now a race. you have to pay to participate in them, and highest roll wins.

there is also now a banana on the die. when you roll a banana, you may drop it somewhere. whoever runs into a banana, immediately stops moving
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkRedScorpion wrote:
there is also now a banana on the die. when you roll a banana, you may drop it somewhere. whoever runs into a banana, immediately stops moving

It's amazing how many times a banana gets put on the Go To Jail space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Villarin
Philippines
flag msg tools
Yeah. That makes it a thematic race to that spot so as to both utilize and avoid being a victim to that tactic. I actually like it.

I made a custom 30x30 board with modified elements to make the Jail space more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shane dunlop
Australia
Perth W.A
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
man that board is awesome!
do you have the file for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Crutchfield
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So instead of dropping the banana anywhere, how about throwing the die to see how far behind you the banana lands? Takes away the forced jail time and makes the power up more ... apeeling....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.