Barrage» Forums » General

Subject: Missed KS - Now what? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Becq wrote:
I'm not sure why folk are going after Dirksk. It's Cranio that opted to make portions of the game exclusive, not Dirksk. If Dirksk hadn't ordered a copy of the game, then the copy he's selling wouldn't have been printed at all, and €275 is a better price than not available at all.

If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the folk who decided to make portions of the game KS exclusive. If there were no exclusives, then there wouldn't be anyone willing to pay over retail, let alone almost triple retail.

I really wish that Cranio had stuck to the KS they had 2 hours before the campaign ended. I think premium or exclusive component upgrades are awesome -- it lets the KS backers enjoy a little extra gamer bling without depriving later gamers the ability to by a complete copy of the game. It's a shame that they decided to add that single card as a gameplay exclusive, especially at the very end of the campaign, too late for many to react to. I think they damaged their game by doing so -- and without the potential benefit of additional FOMO sales, the most common reason for including exclusives.

I guess in this case I'm a little dubious that the game will sell at that high a price tag, but if so, more power to you! If the game is valued that highly, I might consider letting my copy go, too, then repurchase a retail version (and perhaps a modest pile of other games) later.
I do not agree with it. It's nice that they've added those two exclusive things.
One of the reasons to take the KSE. And now without UV on 3D board, the only reason why I am a bit happy with the KSE or it would be a total bad bargain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |