GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Rangers of Shadow Deep» Forums » General

Subject: Rangers of Ghostgrave rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I've been playing through the first 8 scenario module included in the core rules.

I've just finished #7, and I took a break after #5 to play some test scenarios using Wizards and Wardens in place of extra rangers.

It takes a few tweaks here and there. I quickly was able to get a 3 hero party of a Drizzt Do'urden ranger, an Illusionist, and a Vine Warden.

I took them through the Dark Alchemy campaign, using the turn structure from Rangers, and it all worked really well.

With some tweaks, most of the competitive scenarios could work as well.

It largely revolves around things like lowering the xp to be in line with Rangers, and moving the target points to the other side of the map.

Also, some decisions need to be made about which treasure tables to use, as the Rangers magic weapons wear out, which I think is a neat feature. It prevents certain treasure rolls from becoming meaningless later in a campaign.

There are other things too, but I thought I'd see if anyone else is working on stuff like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this sold me on RoSD... I was wondering if these rules could be adapted for a solo FG adventure. Thanks for the breakdown.

The question is where do I get this holy tomb of shiny adventure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Slowmow wrote:
Well this sold me on RoSD... I was wondering if these rules could be adapted for a solo FG adventure. Thanks for the breakdown.

The question is where do I get this holy tomb of shiny adventure?

You should be able to get it on RPGnow.com. I think the POD option is available now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered!

Thanks guys!

Already booted up the pdf and made my party!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.