GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Adowa» Forums » Rules

Subject: What actions are performed by units and by stacks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Fall
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure I understand correctly what actions are taken per unit and what actions are taken per stack. From what I understand:

- Command checks are done per stack, as per 5.4.
- Movement is done one unit at a time.
- Melee is initiated by individual units, but two defending units in a stack combine their strength.
- All firing is done by units, i.e, a stack of two units can opportunity fire twice at a moving unit or stack. It can also melee fire twice at an attacking unit, and will suffer a -2 modifier in the ensuing melee (-1 per MF marker). Or, one of the stacked units can choose to melee fire and the other not, and in that case the stack will only suffer a -1 modifier.
Firing by units, I assume that the two units in a stack can fire at two different targets. Also, in a stack of artillery, one unit may choose to fire at a distant target in the fire phase, while the other saves it fire for any possible opportunity fire.
- Retreat is done by stacks.
- Losses from enemy fire are taken by the top unit in the stack.
- Losses in melee are taken by each unit in the stack. The result `Inferior MCV unit retreats 1 hex and receives 1 Hit´ means that each unit takes 1 Hit.

Are all these correct? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.