GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Artscow $9.99 Sale - includes multi-use cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artscow is having a sale on multiple items one of which is their multi - use cards which have 54 different designs on both sides. The shipping is free. Not the lowest price but still decent.

Code: GTSFORLES

Search: ALL999
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick O'Neill
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Do you know when this expires?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togo Took
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
What is the best deal to look or hold out for when wanting to print multiple sets of double side cards? It gets better that 9.99 deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered them at $6 from ArtsCow at some point in the past, and at $4 from CowCow (their sister website).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expires on December 5th.

While there have been cheaper deals, they are getting more rare. The best one I've seen lately was 3 for $18. 4 for $20 used to be common. Every so often both companies will run a deal on a single deck but additional decks cost more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its been quite a while since they have had the multiple back cards on sale, at least to my knowledge I haven't seen that for about 2 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
its been quite a while since they have had the multiple back cards on sale, at least to my knowledge I haven't seen that for about 2 years.

There is a lengthy list of games that are listed on BGG, but does anyone have suggestions as to the best ones to grab?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
BGG has paid for itself by saving me from buying crappy games!
badge
Come on people! Donate! nothing in life is free!
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4 for $20 was offered about this time of year last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:

I got in on that and was not impressed with the result. Card cutting was all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
BGG has paid for itself by saving me from buying crappy games!
badge
Come on people! Donate! nothing in life is free!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine turned out pretty good, Nothing that would effect game play. I guess I was not expecting top quality for a $5.00 deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb

It wasn't too bad for standalone games, but for making the extra cards for Apex Theropod, I was glad I went with Printer Studio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brian
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I use this service to print out tons of proxy Magic the Gathering cards for a living cube? Or are there better services for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iggy4mayor wrote:
Could I use this service to print out tons of proxy Magic the Gathering cards for a living cube? Or are there better services for that?

Prooooobably. I'm not sure how stringent they may be on IP issues.

OTOH, $10 for 54 cards is still a bit pricy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Iggy4mayor wrote:

Prooooobably. I'm not sure how stringent they may be on IP issues.

OTOH, $10 for 54 cards is still a bit pricy.

In my experience they are not particularly vigilant, but MTG is a pretty well known brand and is likely on the look out for counterfeiters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Puente
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:
Saltone wrote:

I got in on that and was not impressed with the result. Card cutting was all over the place.

I had a copy of Glory to Rome printed and it's pretty playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had many decks printed at Artscow (20+). At their best the quality is as good as Printerstudio. At their worst it can get pretty bad.

The vast majority of decks I have received from them are in the good to pretty good range.

They will refund / reprint a deck if it's really off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
wylde_karde wrote:
I've had many decks printed at Artscow (20+). At their best the quality is as good as Printerstudio. At their worst it can get pretty bad.

The vast majority of decks I have received from them are in the good to pretty good range.

i had them get an entire order of 12 decks wrong. the card backs varied so much it was like a rainbow on each game. and to get them re-done, i had to send the misprinted ones back - at my own shipping expense.

the replacement decks weren't *good*, but they were usable.

sometimes they've been great. sometimes they've royally sucked. i have no idea what makes the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aelfric_brewer wrote:
wylde_karde wrote:

i had them get an entire order of 12 decks wrong. the card backs varied so much it was like a rainbow on each game. and to get them re-done, i had to send the misprinted ones back - at my own shipping expense.

the replacement decks weren't *good*, but they were usable.

sometimes they've been great. sometimes they've royally sucked. i have no idea what makes the difference.

I've likewise had many decks from them (and their other site CowCow). The single "bad" experience I had was a (single) deck which was still wet with solvent when wrapped so the cards were stuck together and ripped when pulled apart.

They replaced them without complaint. Again, a single deck so maybe that was easier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Robrob wrote:
They replaced them without complaint. Again, a single deck so maybe that was easier?

I had a really bad deck (card back printed on both sides of all cards)
replaced a few years ago just from a photo, but when I had another issue earlier this year they also made me send the cards back to HK.

Maybe it's a new policy. Either way, don't think it's worth the risk now. Better to pay the PrinterStudio premium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.