GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Fred Ooi
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I'll be playing this game with full players count soon so I'd like to double confirm on the availability of stratego tokens to make sure I've been learning right.

When stratego token(s) are removed from the stock due to Aristophanes event, it will not be added back to the stock until some Aristophanes card(s) that allow it to happen? The only ways for strategos to go back to the stock is to expending them during theater resolution and return every unused strategos back to the stock after theater phase?

Also, I'd like to know what do you think are the easily missed rules of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schroddycat wrote:
I'll be playing this game with full players count soon so I'd like to double confirm on the availability of stratego tokens to make sure I've been learning right.

When stratego token(s) are removed from the stock due to Aristophanes event, it will not be added back to the stock until some Aristophanes card(s) that allow it to happen? The only ways for strategos to go back to the stock is to expending them during theater resolution and return every unused strategos back to the stock after theater phase?

Also, I'd like to know what do you think are the easily missed rules of the game?

You have asked two questions:

1. If an Aristophanes card or Will of Assembly failure removes Strategos for the round, ALL are replaced back in the stock the next turn. They do not sit out longer unless you once again fail a Will of Assembly or another event alters that.

2. All Strategos are returned to the stock at the end of every turn. You do receive 1 honor for each set of Strategos you put back in the stock, but all go back.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily overlooked rules? That could be any of them but I can list several that I personally misinterpreted or glossed over on my first play:

1. The bonus 1 honour granted for winning the Assembly when the Favour of the Assmbly pawn is already in your faction’s favour is only granted by winning the most issues (i.e. a full mandate of the demos)....not by winning control of the assembly through through a tie breaker or Ostracism.

2. When placing the War/Peace or Ostracism issue in the Boule, they must always be placed on the centre space, they can’t be placed on the first or second space of your track if played as your first issue choice.

3. For the attacker to destroy enemy bases he must not only destroy all combat units of any type in the theatre and have enough combat differential remaining, his faction must also have committed more Strategos to the battle than the defending faction in the first place.

4. At Redeployment, all red Spartan units and all white and yellow League units must redeploy to a theatre with their corresponding colour base.....such theatres are not simply the only possible destination of redeployment but units outside those theatres are required to redeploy to them. The exceptions are that one unit of each side may remain in a theatre without a base and that blue Athenian units can be harboured by both blue and white bases.... the non-obvious part of the rules is that redeployment is mandatory for other units, not simply a restriction on which theatres they can redeploy to.

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.