GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » General

Subject: KS or wait for translation ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fils des Loups
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hi ! I really love this game and would want to get everything about it (promo pack included !).
I have now the base game + each hero pack expansion but nothing more as other expansions weren't translated into french yet.

So I was ready to buy everything I miss -hoping for a translation option in the KS. But it seems there is no such offer unfortunately.

So, I am struggling with hard choices now...

1) If I go for an all-in pledge :
+ I'm sure to get every card from 1st KS (aswell as the new ones)
- Then I will have to sell my french copy + heroes expansions
- Some of my friends won't be able to play this game with me because of language dependency

2) If I keep my french version and wait for future translation at retail :
+ I won't loose money by selling it
+ Each of my friends will be able to play the game
- I may miss some cards I really wanted from 1st KS (like werewolf cards, etc) forever as I won't be willing to pay 20$ for each promo card I didn't get(?gulp)
- I will have to wait some YEARS before getting some of the new stuff.

Maybe I'm wrong with some of the assumptions I made here (?) If so, thank you for telling me. In any case, thanks for your advices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume T.
France
Reunion island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hum...playing the game with all yours friends or getting a "complete" game.

Tought choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves-Arnaud JOURET
France
Tassin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing you may consider is the quality of said translation.
I was offered the French version of Star Realms a while ago and had the opportunity to compare it with the English language version ; let's say it was not that bad, but it was not that good either (for various reasons). As I'm a tad picky on this matter, when the question of acquiring Hero realms arose, I chose to buy the original language version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fils des Loups
France
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, that's a valid point indeed :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
I was dealing with the same dilemma during first KS. My native language is spanish. At the end, I just wait for the game to be translate, but just until the last month the campaign expansion was translate and come to local stores.

Without KS exclusive you don't feel the game is incomplete or anything wrong. Unless you really want some KS exclusive you can search for someone on a local forum that already pledge and ask him for a KS exclusive pack for you.

Sadly, again I'll wait for this new expansions to be translate. I don't know how it works on any other language, but during first KS campaign, the Dragon and the Lich expansion were around 10 dollars, but I get translate versions in spanish just for 5 each one. Any other expansion and the core game were at the same price, I just didnt have to pay for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fils des Loups
France
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I think you're right Antonio. The translated version will be less expensive if we add the shipping to KS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.