GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,401 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar» Forums » General

Subject: Just got the game. Quite a few quality issues. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I just got the game and I'm happy that everything looks awesome overall. Sadly, I have a lot of defects. Images below.

1. One corner of the board is warped off the table.

2. The top board doesn't fit perfectly on top. 3 of the corners are fine, but the 4th one doesn't go out enough. This causes a gap where the marbles can get stuck.

3. The numbers on my die are extremely off centered.

4. My blue painted fig won't stand up. I've tried flattening the base but to no avail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Yeah, that does look bad. Hopefully, they will send you new parts. Send them a email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
ibogaroot wrote:
Yeah, that does look bad. Hopefully, they will send you new parts. Send them a email.

I just sent one. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will. Just keep in mind I’m out of town until Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Leinweber
msg tools
mbmb
Dino5 wrote:

4. My blue painted fig won't stand up. I've tried flattening the base but to no avail.

You may be able to fix the blue mini yourself pretty easily. There is a technique where you dunk the mini in scalding hot water for a few seconds and then in ice water:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1yRIymYqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1KvXeqRuk

I fixed a dozen minis this way in a different game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2079606/bent-minis-un-bend-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hazelrahbl wrote:
Dino5 wrote:

You may be able to fix the blue mini yourself pretty easily. There is a technique where you dunk the mini in scalding hot water for a few seconds and then in ice water:

I'll second having tons of success straightening bent minis (or even flattening curved bases) using hot water. I would even say you don't need "scalding" temperature, but ideally hotter does work better and/or faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mrranch wrote:
hazelrahbl wrote:
Dino5 wrote:

I'll second having tons of success straightening bent minis (or even flattening curved bases) using hot water. I would even say you don't need "scalding" temperature, but ideally hotter does work better and/or faster.

I'm afraid to try it as I've never done it before and I don't want to risk breaking the fig more. I don't know if I'll have to send the broken components back. I don't want to risk sending something back in worse condition than I received it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You won’t have to send it back. Feel free to give it a try if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Leinweber
msg tools
mbmb
Dino5 wrote:
I'm afraid to try it as I've never done it before and I don't want to risk breaking the fig more. I don't know if I'll have to send the broken components back. I don't want to risk sending something back in worse condition than I received it in.

I'm going to be straightening my purple character up a bit (she's just the teeniest bit leaning to one side making her a little unstable). I'll report back when I'm done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Leinweber
msg tools
mbmb
And I just finished straightening up my purple character. She's looking good now.

I used plyers to only dip her legs in the hot water, then pressed on the base while dunking her in the ice water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
JustinDJacobson wrote:
You won’t have to send it back. Feel free to give it a try if you like.

Thanks. I'll try it tonight. Thanks to the other guy too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah my blue fig could stand but she was bent back...like she was doing the limbo. ... I did the hot/cold water trick and she stands perfect now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I used the trick. I believe I fixed the blue fig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem I've had with mine is a slight warping on the bottom two boards, which I intend to fix in time. It doesn't appear to affect gameplay for me in any great way (having played through a bit of a sample game earlier to test everything out), but I'd still prefer to correct everything myself before saying the game is great. Still, I'm going to get some plays in before fixing it (just because of logistics and not wanting to be distracted at a bad point), and I'll keep a note of how it all goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality control issues here too. Bent Mimi I'll try to straighten and... My dice isn't printed at all on one side. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
No quality issues to report here. Very pleased!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only issue is that one of the snake marbles doesn’t fit in the dimple.

Not really an issue even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did have a pretty big printing error on one of the board sections. Everything was shifted around 1/2" the whole way causing caves to not even show up and lots of other things looked ridiculously out of place. I was surprised that one got past the factory quality control.

The blessing is how fast Restoration Games responded in agreement as I included pictures, and now I wait for hopefully getting a fix when they can. I'm taking some colored sharpies to to my existing piece for now to make the confusing parts easier to understand to play on it.

Otherwise...looked great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.