GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,153 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » General

Subject: Out of Print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Sworc
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be asking the obvious here, but since this isn’t listed on Games Workshop’s site anymore... I presume it is being discontinued?

I have the original Warhammer Quest and was thinking of giving the new games a try. Should I find a copy of The Silver Tower or jump into Blackstone Fortress!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
sworc wrote:
I may be asking the obvious here, but since this isn’t listed on Games Workshop’s site anymore... I presume it is being discontinued?

I have the original Warhammer Quest and was thinking of giving the new games a try. Should I find a copy of The Silver Tower or jump into Blackstone Fortress!

Silver Tower is a fantastic game, but it is now out of production. You can probably still find the base game (and Shadows Over Hammerhal which builds on the system and introduces a GM), but chances of finding the hero card and adversary card expansions are slim, and I wouldn't expect it to get any more support in White Dwarf (although they may throw fans the occasional bone).

Blackstone Fortress appears to be a solid evolution of the core system from Silver Tower with a lot of extra features and a more robust "campaign", and they have promised expansions and continued support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Sworc
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Per what Kevin says above, unless you'd really prefer the fantasy theme I'd jump straight in for Blackstone Fortress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus MacGyver
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're into the fantasy theme, I would absolutely recommend picking up a copy of Silver Tower. It only very recently went OOP, so odds are good you can pick up a copy for close-to-retail price on ebay or Amazon still (your local game store may even still have a copy on the shelves).

Shadows Over Hammerhal is still in print (according to the web store), and shares a lot of similarities with Silver Tower -- but it has a GM. There is a deep bench of materials and extra minis you can add to either of these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone compiled all the white dwarf info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.