Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Pomeranz
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game of PotR a couple of days ago, and a couple of situations came up that we were unable to authoritatively resolve. Hopefully someone here can help.

1) We had a situation where I had one troop (a cavalry) and successfully bid to be the attacking condottieri in a war. The defender played a bribe troop on me, removing my cavalry from the battle. At that point, I had no troops left. What happens at that point? Is the battle cancelled/automatically a draw? Or do I still get to roll a die anyway, and the battle resolves as normal (minus use of my cavalry)?

2) In another battle, I had successfully bid to be the attacking condottieri. There was another player who I really didn't want to be the defending condittieri. I had two "freeze bid" treason cards in my hand and this seemed like a great opportunity to use one on that player. The rules for "freeze bid" read: "You can play this card when it is your turn to make an offer (even if you choose to pass)". However, it was not clear to me if, already having successfully bid to be the attacker, I was completely excluded from being in the defenders auction (and thus not being able to use this card at all), or whether I was just forced to take a pass in it (and thus could).

Can anybody shed some light on these two situations?

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to play this one again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Two questions
Tarindel (#36580),

1. You would still roll as far as I can tell. You would just have no troops involved. This would be much the same as having a troop tile without a specific value, (attack or defense), being involved in a battle of that type. Note that if there is NO condotierre on a given side, then there is a +3 alteration to the die roll, (or -3 to the defender, can't remember which off the top of my head, course, I've never seen it happen).

2. I believe you are excluded from the bidding entirely, and therefore couldn't play the freeze tiles, though I am not at all sure about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re:Two questions
Tarindel (#36580),

1) you still roll dice;
2) you can't use any tile, since you are NOT part of the auction (being the attacker).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.