4 Posts

Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: How well does the base game play solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a solitaire-only player. This sounds like an interesting game, and I see that it is rated as 1-to-6 players. How much fun is it solitaire? Is it very replayable, or not so much?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony M wrote:
I'm a solitaire-only player. This sounds like an interesting game, and I see that it is rated as 1-to-6 players. How much fun is it solitaire? Is it very replayable, or not so much?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

It's good. It has an Automa card deck that occupies some of the spaces on the board. It's challenging, and there are several suggestions in the rules for adjusting the challenge level.

I made a variant solo campaign that I enjoyed playing, file page here. Description here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles de Rais
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very commendable game, I've played it 22 times so far, all solo plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gilg
msg tools
Quite well, imo. The automa may block you, or you may get unlucky/useless card draws, so i felt that it really was similar to playing against a real person. You won't win every time, and you shouldn't. But even whem i was losing, i was still holding out hope that i could pull out a win in the end. And yes, using an adaptive difficulty should mitigate if it does get a little too easy. There is also a campaign option explained after the solo rules, i am looking forward to giving that a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls