Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
August W.
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a questions regarding the Transfusion Kit and the use for the word "or".

"Use 1 Grit and take D6 Wounds, ignoring Defense, to cancel another Hero's Curse on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a Fight) or to cancel an Injury just rolled by a Hero on the same Map Tile.

After each successful use, gain 50 XP and roll a D6. On the roll of 1 or 2, break (discard).

I read this as the "on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a Fight)" only applies to the cancel another Hero's Curse. the or emphasized with the underline reinforces that these are two separate uses with two separate conditions.

Please confirm if this is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
August700212 wrote:
I have a questions regarding the Transfusion Kit and the use for the word "or".

"Use 1 Grit and take D6 Wounds, ignoring Defense, to cancel another Hero's Curse on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a Fight) or to cancel an Injury just rolled by a Hero on the same Map Tile.

After each successful use, gain 50 XP and roll a D6. On the roll of 1 or 2, break (discard).

I read this as the "on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a Fight)" only applies to the cancel another Hero's Curse. the or emphasized with the underline reinforces that these are two separate uses with two separate conditions.

Please confirm if this is correct.

That's how I would read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So,
Use 1 Grit and take D6 Wounds, ignoring Defense, to:

cancel another Hero's Curse on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a Fight)

or

cancel an Injury just rolled by a Hero on the same Map Tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ball
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My posse play this differently to the above.
The hero using the item is sticking a needle in his arm and giving a pint or two of blood, hence the grit and the wounds. That is a minor operation either way the kit is used. So:

Use 1 Grit and take D6 wounds ignoring defence, to cancel another Heroes curse on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a fight)

Or

Use 1 Grit and take D6 wounds ignoring defence, to Cancel an Injury just rolled by a Hero on the map tile.

Do Something to get result A or to get result B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
ToneDeaf wrote:
My posse play this differently to the above.
The hero using the item is sticking a needle in his arm and giving a pint or two of blood, hence the grit and the wounds. That is a minor operation either way the kit is used. So:

Use 1 Grit and take D6 wounds ignoring defence, to cancel another Heroes curse on the D6 roll of 3+ (except during a fight)

Or

Use 1 Grit and take D6 wounds ignoring defence, to Cancel an Injury just rolled by a Hero on the map tile.

Do Something to get result A or to get result B

That is the same thing everyone else was saying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls