Subject: Galdalf and yellow card limit per turn??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mrs. Vickies CHIPS
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. After rechecking the rules, reading the FAQ and looking through the threads here we need clarification on a rule.

It says ONE PLAYER can call on Gandalf to help, what is does NOT say is whether or not you can do this twice in one turn?

For that matter we just played a game where on one person's turn, we used two Gandalf cards AND two other 'help' yellow cards as well, we ended up winning quite easily as we saved these cards to use on the last board and this strategy worked but now I question the legality of it?

Thanks in advance. Vicky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. All yellow cards work like interrupts (ie Magic: The Gathering). They can be basically used at any time, even during another player's turn. Just in case: All 5 shields used to activate a Gandalf card must be from ONE Hobbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I agreed with ekted's assessment except the phrase below:

ekted wrote:
All 5 shields used to activate a Gandalf card must be from ONE Hobbit.

Then I checked the "calling Gandalf" rule and realized I had been playing incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Vickies CHIPS
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies.

It didn't feel right playing 2 Gandalf cards myself in the same turn plus an extra yellow card while my hubby also played two yellow cards in this same turn. It really propelled us over the finish line so I guess this is a good and legal resource management strategy afterall!

Vicky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.