BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: South Arlington Gamers - 9/13/07 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
flag msg tools
I speak for all the members of the group in extending our sincere condolences to two of our fellow gamers, Beth and Jeff, who both recently lost family members. Beth's brother, only 44 years of age, passed away due to illness while Jeff's father died from injuries sustained in a car accident. He was 62.

"Eternal rest grant unto them, oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen."

Last Sunday, 9/9/07, Fort Worth Jim and I met for one of those famous "irregularly scheduled meetings" and played three games. The first was Ingenious: Travel Edition, which Jim won.

The main event was our game of Saint Petersburg, which was new to Jim.

Jim caught on right away to the importance of accumulating the services of the aristcrats, and scored well with them. My lead that I brought about through building points was not enough to win, as Jim was able to tie me in points (84) and then win with some very handy tie-breaking rubles.

We finished with a game of Aton, which I won handily when I dominated one of the temples.

The most recent scheduled (18th) meeting of the South Arlington Gamers began with Skullsplitter Dan, Chezzilla Greg and I getting down to some serious spice commerce in a peppery game of Goa.

Dan won this, his inaugural game (we were playing my copy of Goa, but he had just obtained his own) due to miscues on his opponent's parts. Both Greg and I failed on two attempts each to obtain colonies, which easily cost me 4-8 points, and cost Greg as well.

We would have eleven participants during the evening and the other games were...

A House Divided played by chargetheguns Alan and Fort Worth Jim. This time it was Alan who would be vanquished.

Apocryphile Stephen brought the new and exciting Thebes to the gathering and soon gathered unto himself three people to share in the joy of his newfound Euro.

Stephen R., a fellow Home Depot associate of mine and his date for the evening, Jessica, joined Cubist Deborah with the Golden Haired Fellow in another landmark dig. Deborah won, which was somewhat consoling for her since she really had her heart set on getting a game of Settlers of Catan going with her $300 set.

Beth and Jeff played a game of Metro, which Jeff won.

Finally, a quick four player game of Zooloretto was played. Greg was our host (it was his game, afterall) with Beth, Dan and Yours Truly joining in a very fast (we had 30 minutes) which we just got in before the store closed.

I won.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.