Subject: Rule changes between 1st and 2nd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I recently learned that Khronos will appear in a Dutch edition too, but after reading through the rules the distributor put online, I got the impression that a few rules changed with respect to the first edition (which was released at Spiel 2006). However, I cannot quite put my finger on it what changed---I recall reading something to this effect a while ago, but my memory won't tell me where and what it was about . Can someone please explain to me whether anything has changed, and if so, what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I know of is the optional rules for card drawing/replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Well, there is a change, quite a significant one. The restriction that you could spend the two cards per adventurer on a single board has been dropped; you can now play a card on board A, move the adventurer to board B, and play another card there. The restriction is therefore now 'no more than 2 cards per adventurer'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Kortleven
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
Well, there is a change, quite a significant one. The restriction that you could spend the two cards per adventurer on a single board has been dropped; you can now play a card on board A, move the adventurer to board B, and play another card there. The restriction is therefore now 'no more than 2 cards per adventurer'.

I realize I'm late for the party here, but being the translator for the Dutch second edition of the game I'd thought I chime in.

It was always meant to be this way, but the first edition rules were poorly worded. The second edition also received new English translation to make them more concise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:

This is not the case. Follow the thread concerning card play.

To play 3 or 4 cards in an AGE BOTH of your travelers must be present. They may move before or after the card play, however, they may only play cards on one board together or 2 boards separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I think you misunderstand the rule, to be perfectly honest. (Or I'm really getting confused---I cannot find that discussion you alluded to, I'm afraid ...) If you want to play 3 or 4 cards combined, you must have both travellers present on the board, true. But there is nothing stopping you from spending 3 or 4 cards seperately on the same board, jumping through time at the appropriate moment---as long as, of course, you don't spend more than 2 cards per adventurer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Kortleven
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
I think you misunderstand the rule, to be perfectly honest. (Or I'm really getting confused---I cannot find that discussion you alluded to, I'm afraid ...) If you want to play 3 or 4 cards combined, you must have both travellers present on the board, true. But there is nothing stopping you from spending 3 or 4 cards seperately on the same board, jumping through time at the appropriate moment---as long as, of course, you don't spend more than 2 cards per adventurer.

This is correct. Just reading the above comments made me realise again how difficult it was to word this rule in the translation. Did you perchange play with the second edition of the game containing the Dutch translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.