War Chest» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Categorizing Units. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Loeprich
United States
California
flag msg tools
It's 2 in the morning and I divided the different units into categories. The units placed beneath the top ones are units which I consider to only partially fit into that category. Tell me if you agree or if you don't.
From gallery of Hawktopuss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawktopuss wrote:
It's 2 in the morning and I divided the different units into categories. The units placed beneath the top ones are units which I consider to only partially fit into that category. Tell me if you agree or if you don't.
Very cool. I really like this. One question - what traits do you associate with a "fighter?" I'm assuming something along the lines of these being units that are specifically designed to be aggressive in adjacent combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Loeprich
United States
California
flag msg tools
Skirmish_Tactics wrote:

Very cool. I really like this. One question - what traits do you associate with a "fighter?" I'm assuming something along the lines of these being units that are specifically designed to be aggressive in adjacent combat?
Exactly. These are the units who I think are proficient at removing enemy units from the board. Now that I look at my picks for this category, I think the bezerker would definitely fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Applesauce hat
United States
flag msg tools
I would categorize a few differently. I would put light cavalry, mercenary, scout, and royal guard as mobility. Mercenary on the first 3 turns can capture an objective and be just as close to the opponent's objective as their units are to it at that point of the game. Combined with the scout and a bit of luck you can actually take their objective on turn 3 before they have gotten a chance to shuffle their bag once.

The royal guard making the royal coin a movement action is why I would put it in mobility. An effective 2 activations in the first 3 turns will land you on top of an objective to capture. That speed can only be matched by light cavalry, mercenary, a well timed scout, or an ensign play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kind of surprised that Lancer is in the Mobility. Group. He can only move one space at a time. In order to move the extra spaces, he has to also attack. He can't just move two spaces whenever he wants. Are you sure you are playing this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls