Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad and I ended up stuck "between games" this evening and decided to try Elchfest. I'd recently gotten it in a trade and was anxious to give it a shot, and Chad is usually up for anything with moving parts.

I took Ole leaving Chad with Jule, who is clearly the slow one. I got a feel for the table early in the first match and flicked stones with surprising accuracy, while Chad struggled to move much at all. I took the first match easily, reaching the opposite shore before Chad had moved Jule half way across.

Chad had gotten his sea legs by the second match and Jule was on the opposite shore before Ole had really gotten warmed up. A couple of unfortunate dunkings can really give the opponent an advantage with the extra flicks.

The third and final match was the tightest, with Ole pulling out all the stops to win by a nose. An over-zealous flick nearly cost the game, as it left Chad with three flicks and only to steps from the far shore. He didn't manage to pull it off after beginning the turn with little to work with. Fortunately, the last step was too far away and Jule stood watching helplessly as Ole bounded to the far shore once again for the victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.