Hide
5 Posts

King of Tokyo: Power Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Compatibility rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Huff
msg tools
The second edition of Power Up is supposed to be compatable with the first edition of the game and I see they've included cards for Cyberbunny and the Kraken. But, does anyone know if the card backs and cut in the second edition compatable with the first edition of the Halloween expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothée Simonot
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Halloween is compatible with everything except King of New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They changed the card back of 2nd Halloween, so the costumes don't match anyway. Thus it doesn't matter what versions you have.

This retroactively makes 1st KoT and 1st Halloween the only "wrong" combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huff
msg tools
In other words, the card backs of the Power Up evolution cards are the same in editions one and two (and thus either edition of Halloween's evolution cards are comparable with either edition of Power Up).

Specifically, I want to mix Second Edition Power Up with First Edition KoT and Halloween, and from what I've seen, looks like I can do this.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thuff wrote:
In other words, the card backs of the Power Up evolution cards are the same in editions one and two (and thus either edition of Halloween's evolution cards are comparable with either edition of Power Up).

For what it's worth, they all appear to be the same (looking up images online, not in person).
But cardbacks of Evolutions are the least of worries, as each monster has their own stack anyway > no 'mixing' unless you're playing a variant.

thuff wrote:
Specifically, I want to mix Second Edition Power Up with First Edition KoT and Halloween, and from what I've seen, looks like I can do this.

Is that correct?

Everything is compatible with everything.
And Power Up! is (currently) the only one where you would definitely want 2nd over 1st.
So yes, you are perfectly fine with what you are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.