Thumb up
1 Posts

Drakon (third edition)» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A Review of Drakon 3rd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Locke
flag msg tools
Just now discovering Boardgamegeek, I decided that I will follow along like so many others and post my views on some of the games that I own, to help others decide if they too, would like to buy it. So here we go.

Background: Drakon, when I bought this game, I bought it with out knowing what it was. I was in the mood to own a game that would be fast and easy to play. Only going buy what I read on the back of the box, I picked it up and brought it home. A completely blind purchase.

The Game Box: Drakon is in a small box that very easy to carry around. The artwork is pretty cool and its pretty sturdy. It seems to me, that it will hold up very well in the travels to and from my house. And When I laid it on the table, it drew a fare bit of attention and it was quickly opened.

The Game Parts: In side the box are cardboard tiles (which needs to be punched out before play) are very high quality and very sturdy. The minis look pretty cool with one of them being a pretty neat dragon figure. (Although they are the same molds of the hero minis from the Descent expansion *But the dragon is unique*)

Premise: Well, your band of adventures was trying to steal gold from the cruel dragon named Drakon. Being a cruel dragon, he decides to play a game. Allowing the party to explore his labyrinth of traps, the person who finds 10 gold first, wins. While the others become Drakon’s after entertainment snack. It’s a good game to play with friends who like to play those “Knife in the back of your buddies” style games.

Game play and Rules: The rules are on a double sided sheet of paper. And plenty of reference cards that explains the tile effects. The players take their turns, and are allowed to build the map by placing a tile, or they can move along on the map itself. Each of the tiles have some sort of ability, ranging from teleport, destroy a tile, steel a tile from a player, find gold, steel gold, and even rotate a room. One of the more dreaded tiles are the Drakon tile, which allows the person to bring the friendly dragon to the map and after that move the dragon around in a deadly game of cat and mouse. If you get caught by the dragon, you loose a random gold piece and get sent back to the starting tile. It took us all of about 5 minutes to read the rules. There are no dice involved, and it’s a quick game to play.

One more thing, you can play the basic version of the game, but it does come with a few simple variants of play. Which allows special abilities from the different heroes and even a team play version. (just rememebr its a simple ruleset)

Overall view of this game: This game has become a favorite among our group. It’s a good fast game (but it can be long at times, if everyone is trying to out wit the other) and the more players playing at the time, the more chaotic it gets. We seem to play this game prior to any other game while we are waiting for everyone to show up. We all enjoy trying to hamper the other players escape plans by throwing in a few devious little traps and tricks here and there. Overall, it’s a good simple game, thats fast to learn and play and looks pretty good setup on the table.

Overall score for what it is.. 10 out of 10

I hope this helps.
Regards and Good Gaming.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.