Recommend
24 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: December '18 US Math Shipping Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
rahanson wrote:
turks1966 wrote:
If you ask someone about an item they have placed on this month's math trade and email them the same question via the BGG email link. What would you think about wanting that particular math trade item if the person does not respond at all, either in the math trade listing or will not send you a response via BGG mail?

Any thoughts?

turks1966
If this was in response to a question you sent regarding my item, I feel like this post was jumping the gun. I couldn't respond immediately because life, but I did manage to update the posting within 24 hours of your email and later replied to your email, noting the I sold the item locally and removed it from the trade (within 48 hours of your initial message). People have lives outside of BGG, please try to be respectful of that before dragging things into a public forum.

To be fair, he didn't put you directly on the spot since it was a GeekMail and thus private (and honestly, it could easily be someone else). This kind of stuff has happened a LOT to me in the past, so it definitely applies to more than just you. If you answered within 24 hours, I'd call that fair. I've been ghosted before when asking for more details.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Maple Grove
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb

We still don't know if it was me! I agree, the tone was more or less respectful, but the post does insinuate that the person was not responsive. I'm just calling for a little more time to respond to questions.

Cheers, friends.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
It's probably not as good as everyone says it is....
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Bah, Humbug!Microbadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Volkswagen fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
rahanson wrote:

We still don't know if it was me! I agree, the tone was more or less respectful, but the post does insinuate that the person was not responsive. I'm just calling for a little more time to respond to questions.

Cheers, friends.
Yeah. I often have to check myself when I'm anxious for an answer. One email per week is my rule of thumb.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a couple of copies of Fertility as shipment to me pending. If anyone is interested, I have received them in perfect condition and I am planning to submit wantlists for them. They are here and here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Nolan
United States
Lunenburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When does the first preliminary match usually get run?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Real answer: whenever waleslie feels like it.

More helpful answer: usually once there's enough people submitted to make it interesting. we're only at 54% right now which means the list wouldn't be all that relevant (not that has stopped waleslie before).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: My wife buys me board games!Microbadge: New York Yankees fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - Tom Baker, 4th Doctor
bnolan wrote:
When does the first preliminary match usually get run?
We're at 54% submitted, so anytime generally.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
It's probably not as good as everyone says it is....
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Bah, Humbug!Microbadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Volkswagen fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
So here's a stupid question. Is there a way I can set the magnifying glass to also include my "want to buy" and "want to play" games? Currently, it only seems to grab my want in trade and wishlist items.

My PgDn key needs oiled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis M
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In your profile page (the little person symbol directly next to your name on the top), there's a section for "For magnify glass () in step 3 only look for" that you can use to customize what it will pick up.
7 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
It's probably not as good as everyone says it is....
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Bah, Humbug!Microbadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Volkswagen fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
tineyeit wrote:
In your profile page (the little person symbol directly next to your name on the top), there's a section for "For magnify glass () in step 3 only look for" that you can use to customize what it will pick up.
All these years.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
People are starting to get restless, so it must be time for a trial run... Plus it'll get Justin's mind off how inefficient his use of the OLWLG has been lo these many years.

Please remember that there is no guarantee that if you are on this list you will still have a trade when the official results are run. Just one person changing their wants or one more person submitting wants and everything on this list could change. On a similar note, there's no need to panic if you're not on the list. So, if the trade ended right now, of the 184 users that have submitted wants so far, the following 92 users would have at least one trade:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
AJAXX
ALAN581
ALLBAUGH
AUYARD
BELIAL1134
BENJAMINHESTER
BENTLYCASH
BIFFPOW
BLARGHEDY
BLUEEYEDBANDITT
BONDGOLDFINGER
BRUCEREDBEARD
COMMON_HERO
D3M853
DBAILEY
DOM22
DREDRY TOENAIL
DUTCHGENIUS
DUY1250
DWAYMAN
ECLIPSE129
EHRENSING
EKNAUER
ELVENSLURPEE
ERNIEB
FALAFEL007
FAQUIN
FIXXXER76
GIDORAH
GKFROST9
GOLDSPIRE
HOOPSMB63
HYPNOTICSPECTER
IADENA
JBECKER007
JEETRA84
JEREMYVM
JONOGO
JTSTROTT
JUSTINRRIZZO
JVFORREST
KABIA66
KOUTALIS
KRAUSEY57
LBOUCHERON
LEMEM
LEPPY
LESSTHANJOEY
LJ1983
LODIPOSH
MATTYD777
MAVHUNTER
MICHAELDYRUD
MJOLNIR76
MONKEYES26
MOSES88
MOTAS
MRDISCO102
MRDOWNS
MYREALNAMEISDOUG
OFFDUTYNINJA1
OLDMANMERTON
OSODANI
PERCMAN
PRIDURKI
PROSCENIUM
QUIETCORN
REGBLANK
ROBCANNONSOFTWARE
ROCKSTEADY1986
RUEVAAK
SCSUHUSKY75
SETH2
SHARKKER
SHELLIN
SIDEBANDS
SMOOVYSMOOV
SOS1
SPIDERMONKEY79
SQUARED82
STINKFOOT71
TABLETOP42
TAKASAN
TINEYEIT
TURKS1966
TYK567
UNCLEMIKEY1982
VALKNUT79
WALESLIE
WILSONZA
WSMITHJR
ZXCVBN2

82 out of 194 is darn near 50%. Not bad this early on with several big listers still not submitted.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tucker
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
GHOSTBEAR FOREVER
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm on the list, I'm on the list!

Of course, I'll change my wants and probably fall off :)

Trying my best to have realistic expectations while only wanting games I can be happy with! As always, thank you for organizing and running this excellent math trade, Will!

Justin: What skills does your child have? Not sure it matters, as I don't have a copy of Gloomhaven. I am really looking for someone to do the landscaping that needs to be done next spring and it may be worth me getting a copy to trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dyrud
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
takasan wrote:

I'm on the list, I'm on the list!

Of course, I'll change my wants and probably fall off
Exactly me. I always get a weird shot of excitement and dread when I show up on one of the first lists. "Where did I screw up? Better tighten up my wants!"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
It's probably not as good as everyone says it is....
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Bah, Humbug!Microbadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Volkswagen fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
takasan wrote:

Justin: What skills does your child have? Not sure it matters, as I don't have a copy of Gloomhaven. I am really looking for someone to do the landscaping that needs to be done next spring and it may be worth me getting a copy to trade.
If you are willing to wait four years until she hits the working age of four years old, I am willing to train her to complete nearly yard-work tasks which you might require; picking up sticks/leaves, trimming anything she is capable of with craft scissors, and as long as you don't require an even spread, I'm confident she will can do an adequate job watering your plants, were to provide her a hose with a wide spray pattern.

Willing to accept a ding and dent copy of Nippon for a weeks worth of work your supervision of her completing these tasks, so I can get a break.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tucker
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
GHOSTBEAR FOREVER
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah crap, didn't read the fine print. I need a slave, I mean indentured servant, I mean helper? Yeah, helper for this spring. Gonna try moving reasonably sized boulders sans Bobcat. I was hoping to fashion a basket on my "helper"

Failing that, i will be in touch in 4 years.

Really: Congrats on the new arrival :) Happy Holidays!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
It's probably not as good as everyone says it is....
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Bah, Humbug!Microbadge: I love ItalyMicrobadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Volkswagen fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
takasan wrote:

Ah crap, didn't read the fine print. I need a slave, I mean indentured servant, I mean helper? Yeah, helper for this spring. Gonna try moving reasonably sized boulders sans Bobcat. I was hoping to fashion a basket on my "helper"

Failing that, i will be in touch in 4 years.

Really: Congrats on the new arrival Happy Holidays!
Thanks, and to you as well (happy holidays).

If you fashion that back-basket, put it up in the Jan math trade. I need something to carry around my games kid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dyrud
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've got a question about setting up duplicate protection for items where I want to offer different things for different versions of the game. For instance, say there are two versions of Orleans, one of them is the deluxe and one is regular. I want to offer different things for the games, but I still don't want to get both of them. Can I accomplish this by making multiple duplicate items?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelDyrud wrote:
I've got a question about setting up duplicate protection for items where I want to offer different things for different versions of the game. For instance, say there are two versions of Orleans, one of them is the deluxe and one is regular. I want to offer different things for the games, but I still don't want to get both of them. Can I accomplish this by making multiple duplicate items?
If you create multiple duplicate items and offer trades for them, then there is the chance you will get more than one copy of Orleans. But, in the case you state, it would be one retail version and one deluxe version.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dyrud
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
MichaelDyrud wrote:
I've got a question about setting up duplicate protection for items where I want to offer different things for different versions of the game. For instance, say there are two versions of Orleans, one of them is the deluxe and one is regular. I want to offer different things for the games, but I still don't want to get both of them. Can I accomplish this by making multiple duplicate items?
If you create multiple duplicate items and offer trades for them, then there is the chance you will get more than one copy of Orleans. But, in the case you state, it would be one retail version and one deluxe version.
I guess the question is if it's possible to chain together some number of dummy items to avoid that split. I'm not having any luck sketching out a solution to that so I'm thinking it's not feasible, I just wanted to check to see if anyone else had done that in the past.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: My wife buys me board games!Microbadge: New York Yankees fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - Tom Baker, 4th Doctor
MichaelDyrud wrote:
dbailey wrote:
MichaelDyrud wrote:
I've got a question about setting up duplicate protection for items where I want to offer different things for different versions of the game. For instance, say there are two versions of Orleans, one of them is the deluxe and one is regular. I want to offer different things for the games, but I still don't want to get both of them. Can I accomplish this by making multiple duplicate items?
If you create multiple duplicate items and offer trades for them, then there is the chance you will get more than one copy of Orleans. But, in the case you state, it would be one retail version and one deluxe version.
I guess the question is if it's possible to chain together some number of dummy items to avoid that split. I'm not having any luck sketching out a solution to that so I'm thinking it's not feasible, I just wanted to check to see if anyone else had done that in the past.
No. There is no way that I know of that will prevent you from the possibility of getting both items. Either you lump them in one duplicate or you simply only go for one version of the game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
MichaelDyrud wrote:
dbailey wrote:
MichaelDyrud wrote:
I've got a question about setting up duplicate protection for items where I want to offer different things for different versions of the game. For instance, say there are two versions of Orleans, one of them is the deluxe and one is regular. I want to offer different things for the games, but I still don't want to get both of them. Can I accomplish this by making multiple duplicate items?
If you create multiple duplicate items and offer trades for them, then there is the chance you will get more than one copy of Orleans. But, in the case you state, it would be one retail version and one deluxe version.
I guess the question is if it's possible to chain together some number of dummy items to avoid that split. I'm not having any luck sketching out a solution to that so I'm thinking it's not feasible, I just wanted to check to see if anyone else had done that in the past.
No. There is no way that I know of that will prevent you from the possibility of getting both items. Either you lump them in one duplicate or you simply only go for one version of the game.
IMO, there's no huge downside to getting both. It likely won't happen, but even if it does, you just have a game to include in the next math trade(s).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tucker
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
GHOSTBEAR FOREVER
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:


IMO, there's no huge downside to getting both. It likely won't happen, but even if it does, you just have a game to include in the next math trade(s).
Yup, definitely an uptown problem there. Still, if you end up with both, send me a message, I can help :)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: My wife buys me board games!Microbadge: New York Yankees fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan - Tom Baker, 4th Doctor
71% already whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a trade in the first dry run. Maybe I should add more to my want list. I don't want to hijack this thread, but you can go here if you want to try to convince me to take a closer look at your game and add it to some of my want lists:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/249312/item/6596066#item6...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] |