Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Halter
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I've been intrigued by this game as I am a WW2 naval buff and love all things pacific. I have a large fleet of GHQ ship minis that I bought for display and a game I'm designing myself.
My concern with VAS is the treatment of Aircraft in the game. I've read several message boards that the aircraft are under powered. for me any WW2 game has to get the Air War right or I'm just not interested. Are there any plans known in the works to correct this, or any house rules anyone uses? Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Order of Battle is comming out in Nov and supposedly fixes the Aircraft rules. You can read all about it on Mongoose Publishing's website and forums. I do enjoy the game overall though, plays fast and smooth.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reasonable quick fix, till the supplement comes out, is to triple the attack strength of the aircraft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunray11 wrote:
A reasonable quick fix, till the supplement comes out, is to triple the attack strength of the aircraft.

Good advice. This is a quick fix that will add realism to the air rules.

As far as the supplement goes the air combat rules have been overhauled. A lot of work went into them and realism was what we were going for. I contributed to those new air rules and I fully realise the war in the Pacific was won with carriers (and a couple of A-bombs but thats kind of beside the point). The new rules reflect that and all aircraft stats were completely rewritten to better reflect their real world capabilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.