Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Spellman
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The skies were clear as our patrol ran into allied pilots. There were 2 of us and 2 of them. I peeled of in my Albatros towards the nearest SPAD, my partner in his Fokker took on the Camel.

We saw each other at the same time and I headed straight towards him. We each took a passing shot. I took some damage but not enough to be worried about. Performing the Immelman I jumped behind him while he banked to his right. I took the shot and started to climb back up. Once on the level I took another shot and scored big, two hits in a row. Right on his tail I knew his every move before he made it. bank left, bank right, stall, he could not shake me and I was ripping him apart.

Off in the distance my partner was getting chewed up but we both heard that engine from above and saw that beautiful Red Tri come out of the sky and head towards the Camel to help my friend...

Meanwhile the SPAD could not shake me, he dove away and I over shot him. He got a good hit in but I circled around and lined him up in my sites. Two more hits in a row and he was done. The SPAD turned into the sun and limped home.

I turned to the battle in the east and saw there was trouble. My partner was in bad shape, barely holding on and the Baron was on fire. At full speed I headed toward the battle, with enough time to jot down this journal entry. The Camel has not seen me. von Richthofen was hurt, the fire was out but there was a lot of smoke. He was heading away from the battle to catch his wits. The Fokker with me was in trouble. The Camel had snuck behind him and was finishing off what he started ... He does not see me behind him, I am coming low, from below I can line up a shot, right on his tail. He is floating right into my sights.....

FIELD REPORT:
The previous was an entry found in a Journal at a crash site of a German War Plane. We had watched from the ground as those Ace of Aces danced in the sky. This one German had taken care of our Allied friend and was fast coming up on the heroic Sopwith Camel who had held his own against 2 Germans (one being the Red Baron) when out of no where the SPAD he was battling came back from behind and with one shot, the Albatross exploded in mid air. No warning at all, he seemed to take no damage earlier in the battle. He just disappeared from combat and we found his wreckage later that day.

The SPAD was taken out by the Red Baron as he returned from the horizon. It did not take long as the Albatross has left him pretty banged up. The two Fokkers then turned to the Camel. He had fought the good fight but with his canvas tore up and his engine failing he turned for home with the Germans tipping their wings in salute and soared off over the horizon in search for home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful. Thanks for inspiring me to write my own session report, which I believe I will continue to do as this game gets a lot of play in my group.

I enjoyed reading it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
>I enjoyed reading it.

Me too!

>Thanks for inspiring me to write my own session report

That's it if you are curious:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1728732#1728732

Bravo to both!

>The previous was an entry found in a Journal at a crash site of a German War Plane.
>No warning at all, he seemed to take no damage earlier in the battle. >He just disappeared from combat and we found his wreckage later that day.

If he just concentrated on driving, instead than on writing his diary during combat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's hard to get ink and paper that aren't bother by castor oil spray...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.