Recommend
19 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3906 Posts
[1]  Prev «  153 , 154 , 155 , 156 , 157  Next »  [157] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Cassandra's Bloodbath: Nightshall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: HandbookPage55 [+] DeathSummaryPage103 [+] TalliesPage103 [+] [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quaseymoto wrote:
I am sad the game got called before I could admit to being evil.
I had what I can only describe as a korte-esque outing planned, including a Filk of Jonathan Coulton's Re: Your Brains with the opening line:
"Heya Tom(otz) it's Bob(by)..."

We gave it half an hour to an hour or so, but Beren was starting to actually dig into the game, and we didn't want him to waste a bunch of time.

The plan had been to call it at Dawn, but we wanted to give yall time to do that.

You just didn't.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
It was relatively lucky for evil that Samool revealed as a different werewolf (he was the Jester) because I think kuchick got a lot of cred out of it.

fun fact, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was the jester and I probably shouldn't have bussed him.

but he was going to die.. I mean let's get real here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
It was relatively lucky for evil that Samool revealed as a different werewolf (he was the Jester) because I think kuchick got a lot of cred out of it.

fun fact, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was the jester and I probably shouldn't have bussed him.

but he was going to die.. I mean let's get real here.

Ku - you were absolutely fantastic. Just making sure you know, you played brilliantly and it was so good to get to wolf with you =)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw the wolf team, I was like "this is the kind of team that's either going to just freaking deep wolf and nail it or have one of those games where it's a faceplant".

A lot of them have the tendency to just be POE lynched because of their inherent sketchiness or end up being the random third wagon of the day because there were two GS claims, but everyone brought it to the table.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like that sounds a lot more negative than I meant.

It's a compliment! I promise.

I just see a lot of times where D1 is like a Seer claim, a villager that slightly emotionally clears a bit, and then people are like, "Uhhhh, Smugs maybe?" not because of Smugs seeming evil but because they don't feel confident in their ability to read her. But all of those people brought it and never ended up in those situations.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
kuchick wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
It was relatively lucky for evil that Samool revealed as a different werewolf (he was the Jester) because I think kuchick got a lot of cred out of it.

fun fact, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was the jester and I probably shouldn't have bussed him.

but he was going to die.. I mean let's get real here.

Ku - you were absolutely fantastic. Just making sure you know, you played brilliantly and it was so good to get to wolf with you =)

aww blush

thanks. I absolutely loved being a wolf with you, and it was a great team (across 3 packs) of wolves. kiss

and.. actually, did I know samool was jester wolf? there was a lot of stuff that I knew but had to pretend I didn't know (so, I just forgot it to make the pretending easier), and there was a lot of stuff that I didn't know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Literally, the panic when we pushed 2 KP into you and you didn't die! It was just a collective oh fuck he needs to die ASAP laugh

Imagine poor Tarrant when he put his Big Bad into the 2 Zens and got... no result at all.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
Again, sorry I shot you, Ame. laugh The only evils in our village were xand, who I was checking with my emerl view, and rorab who just got there, so my chances of killing an evil were almost 0%. =[ I should have shot stone when I has the chance, wouldn't have been that bad.

Your read of Faleoh was dead on, though, Paper in your explanation of why you didn't shoot her. It took my breath away it was so amazing! I don't think anyone else in all of BGG (including me!) can read her like you do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
Avatar
Thank you mods and players! Fun times.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing this, everyone. heart Mods can give a game the opportunity to be good, but only players can actually make it good. Y'all did that in spades. It was a really nice end of the year and reminded me how much I love you all.

I really appreciated how few replacements we needed, they were pretty thin on the ground for a long while. I also appreciate Fatnoob reading along so someone would be endgame ready to replace in!

Modding with LJ and Royal is pretty great. We get along well, but all start out at very different places in style, heh. =)
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gg guys
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I'm stealthy, like a ninja.
badge
I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

- As did Heisenberg. He published two different "shot lists" that had almost the entire evil team between them and only one good. His final list included two deep wolves and a deep aux that had kill power.

I feel much better having some validation. I was seriously going crazy today.

Smugs wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
kuchick, Brutal Werewolf
Smugs, Sneaky Werewolf
All three of Heisen's shots were evil.

surprise

Sorry we doubted you!

We all thought Heisen was an Aux, so we were not pleased with his targets in a different way.

Absolutely incredible contrary reads that got him killed. Rough luck.

I think you guys were just too many at the point I figured out what was going on. My reads on you all didn't matter because my cred was spent getting there.

Re my aux'ness. This is just how I play, perhaps a result of playing aux too much, but I need people to react to things to get reads. I tried some stuff. It paid off less than I would have liked it to.

I would like to think if LJ or Ape were playing they would have seen this, but it was maybe too much for even those that know how I hunt.

Also, @Maddy, thanks for taking the shot like a champ.

Thanks for the game Mods, it has been too long.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I'm stealthy, like a ninja.
badge
I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, shit nearly everyone who lynched me was evil. That is an achievement I guess.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Achieved the goals I set for myself (thin a village to collapse and sink a good KP), so was satisfied with the game.

Intended to push for nightshall collapse but switched to middle village because I realized
1) I was being counteracted by good mover in V3
2) V1 didn't have any NKs
3) There were apparently a bunch of deaths coming out of the other villages
4) I figured if I didn't move in/out of V3 N2 that good mover might think I had put people into V2 and move out of there as well (have yet to check on whether this happened)

I was really pleased with my reads of those I moved from here D1 and how that went but picked arbitrarily/rngd my other moves because I didn't have a lot of info about other villages to go off of. Sorry to Madeline for preventing a kill by moving you, and way to go smugs for getting so shiny in V1 once you got here, that was great playing!

I also want to say I really genuinely believed stone was a villager D1 and was building my world around that blush way to go!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't expect the village collapse -> pack collapse mechanic which was a neat twist

I still think collapse is quite strong for evil generally and is a good goal for evil mover to have
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
...
adiamant - Villager
Benesephiir - Hobo Villager
cvb2009 - Van Helsing

dejojam1 - Witch
madelineb - Grim Reaper
MajaiofDreams - Avenging Angel Villager
maximumsaximum - Cassandra

mmesich/Farren - Dr Frankenstein
Netslummer - Seer
oldhoss - Evil Gunsmith
Phil Fleischmann - Villager
Royalflush - Sasquatch
shawnad2006 - Cold Man
Tarrant - Big Bad Werewolf
The_Rorab - Pack Werewolf
TWM03 - Heat Man
whirlingdervish - Brutal Hunter
zenofkermit - Frankenstein's Monster
...

shawna wasn't coldman
still trying to FUD?
12 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Daniel Avocado
badge
Princess Dopeyhead
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
Good game everyone Thanks so much.
-_- Me to Sam a few days ago: I feel like I'm being manipulated I think Day is evil but it's probably all in my head again
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I feel like that sounds a lot more negative than I meant.

It's a compliment! I promise.

I just see a lot of times where D1 is like a Seer claim, a villager that slightly emotionally clears a bit, and then people are like, "Uhhhh, Smugs maybe?" not because of Smugs seeming evil but because they don't feel confident in their ability to read her. But all of those people brought it and never ended up in those situations.

I mean, I did almost get D1ed in absentia again
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nipple of Knowledge
msg tools
Avatar
mb
stonecutter129 wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
Quaseymoto wrote:
Original Nightshall

annab - Villager
BlackSheep
davidenkinderen - Werewolf
heisenberg - Villager
Kortemaki - Evil Mover
kuchick
Quaseymoto
SamNzed/Lemon
Samool - Werewolf
SerWave - Armor
spj91
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror - Villager
tern73 - Villager
Tomotz - Psychiatrist
Valkerie32 - Werewolf
ZenMonkey11 - Villager (Apprentice Seer)

But there weren't any NKs!

Because YOU forgot to put one in N1!!!

You killed the seer.

I would have killed SPJ, and she was a villager and lasted a long time.

Neither Valk nor I put one in either, which led to vanders NKing ortho_Seer. laugh And wow @ tarrant hitting the Apprentice Seer AND the Monster that same night.

All 4 wolf pack kills were directed at (Latent) Seers on N1. CRAZY. surprise
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
The_Rorab wrote:
Shoutouts from me:

cvb - you were SO DAMN SHINY. You had to die, you were SO SHINY!!!

Aww, thanks Rorab! heart Figured it was coming, there were too many good reads on me D2. This game was a lot of fun, and things were just clicking for me.

Shocked to finally find out you were evil, well played!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Kortemaki wrote:
Achieved the goals I set for myself (thin a village to collapse and sink a good KP), so was satisfied with the game.

Intended to push for nightshall collapse but switched to middle village because I realized
1) I was being counteracted by good mover in V3
2) V1 didn't have any NKs
3) There were apparently a bunch of deaths coming out of the other villages
4) I figured if I didn't move in/out of V3 N2 that good mover might think I had put people into V2 and move out of there as well (have yet to check on whether this happened)

I was really pleased with my reads of those I moved from here D1 and how that went but picked arbitrarily/rngd my other moves because I didn't have a lot of info about other villages to go off of. Sorry to Madeline for preventing a kill by moving you, and way to go smugs for getting so shiny in V1 once you got here, that was great playing!

I also want to say I really genuinely believed stone was a villager D1 and was building my world around that blush way to go!

Pretty sure the Good Mover ignored V2 completely. N1 they sent DP/Paper to V1 and N2 they pulled Paper/acox back. V2 had already collapsed by the time V3 hit N3.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kortemaki wrote:
I didn't expect the village collapse -> pack collapse mechanic which was a neat twist

I still think collapse is quite strong for evil generally and is a good goal for evil mover to have

That was the goal of the delay. It wouldn't feel good to have people going for what is a good generic multivillage game goal (good preventing early collapses, evil pushing for it) only to find they might be shooting themselves in the foot or doing a neutral thing. So we wanted to leave there being a victory in achievements in that area, without it being an overwhelming force.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomotz wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
...
adiamant - Villager
Benesephiir - Hobo Villager
cvb2009 - Van Helsing

dejojam1 - Witch
madelineb - Grim Reaper
MajaiofDreams - Avenging Angel Villager
maximumsaximum - Cassandra

mmesich/Farren - Dr Frankenstein
Netslummer - Seer
oldhoss - Evil Gunsmith
Phil Fleischmann - Villager
Royalflush - Sasquatch
shawnad2006 - Cold Man
Tarrant - Big Bad Werewolf
The_Rorab - Pack Werewolf
TWM03 - Heat Man
whirlingdervish - Brutal Hunter
zenofkermit - Frankenstein's Monster
...

shawna wasn't coldman
still trying to FUD?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Kortemaki wrote:
I didn't expect the village collapse -> pack collapse mechanic which was a neat twist

I still think collapse is quite strong for evil generally and is a good goal for evil mover to have

That was the goal of the delay. It wouldn't feel good to have people going for what is a good generic multivillage game goal (good preventing early collapses, evil pushing for it) only to find they might be shooting themselves in the foot or doing a neutral thing. So we wanted to leave there being a victory in achievements in that area, without it being an overwhelming force.

Exactly! It was possible for a village to collapse on D1, so giving evil such a ridiculous overall head start if that happened felt wrong.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
Avatar
mb
I’m actually sad to see it done. Ton of fun! GG Everyone!

Special thanks to our awesome mods!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  153 , 154 , 155 , 156 , 157  Next »  [157] |