Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a ride home from my son's camping trip recently with the president of a local scrapbooking company. He told me about some of the cool tools they make, like a combination rotary/guillotine trimmer, etc. and I got to thinking about all of the neat scrapbooking stuff I could buy. Then he told me that

scrapbookers often buy old games at thrift stores just to cut up the playing boards, because they are made of high quality chipboard.

Think of it! What if there was an old copy of Railroad Tycoon just sitting there, and along comes a scrapbooker...

Discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
I got a ride home from my son's camping trip recently with the president of a local scrapbooking company. He told me about some of the cool tools they make, like a combination rotary/guillotine trimmer, etc. and I got to thinking about all of the neat scrapbooking stuff I could buy. Then he told me that

scrapbookers often buy old games at thrift stores just to cut up the playing boards, because they are made of high quality chipboard.

Think of it! What if there was an old copy of Railroad Tycoon just sitting there, and along comes a scrapbooker...

Discuss.

Oh the humanity!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan Ellinger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
this is further proof my mother in law is evil. I wouldnt put it past her to be doing this as we speak, ironically, to make a scrapbook about my husband and I playing games....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for the further confirmation that scrapbooking is a blight upon motherhood.

THEM: "take a look at the scrap book I made of billy's little league season"

ME: "Lovely. Take a look at my junk drawer and my memory card filled with photos ."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They pick up games they KNOW about, Monopoly, Scrabble... stuff like that. Trust me. It's not just scrapbookers, it's also Altered Artists with their Artist Trading Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrapbooking is the new paint by numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I should have made that connection a while back when my wife told me that the new trendy thing in scrapbooking was stuff made out of chipboard. She never bought into that, by the way.

I always tend to think about how scrapbooking stuff could benefit my boardgaming, not the other way around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.