GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,524 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rulebook: Example - Basic Infantry Combat Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am reading v2 Rulebook, on Page 31 Operation Pase and after US impulse which G4 US squad fails to spot F3, German Impulse starts. From the paragraph the half-squad in Weiss's hex tries to fire at F5, however if I read it correctly, German has not spotted F5 hex yet, i.e. how the German fires at F5 (Spot must be done before fire)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook and so can't look it up. But did those units fire or move? I think if they did they are automatically spotted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Blayney
Canada
Smiths Cove
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Birdwatcher & Birdeater
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam, this is what you are referring to:

"Weiss decides to light up hex F6, the hex with the half squad and the Medic".

So, since the Medic and the half squad are in a clear hex, they are automatically spotted and Weiss lets fly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Strangely enough I noticed the same thing this weekend. Am I to take it that if a target is in a clear hex, intervening degrading hexes merely weaken the dice throw but don't impinge on spotting?

Are you there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.