Subject: Empty Castle action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Jones
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I get some clarification on the rules surrounding the empty castle? The rule book indicates that you do not shuffle the hospital cards into the empty castle until you need to draw a card. It also says the enemy pushes when the hospital is empty. These seem like pretty clear statement but I just want to ensure I am understanding correctly. I read this to mean that when you draw the last card from the Castle, you immediately perform the empty castle action (either enemy pushes or 2 resources are lost), but you do not yet shuffle the hospital cards into the castle until you reach a point in the game where you must draw another card. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gauthier
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
This is correct! If you need to draw 3 cards but only have one left, you draw the card, The Enemy Pushes, THEN you shuffle the cards and draw the remaining 2 cards. Not having to shuffle until you have to draw allow lots of combos and synergy with cards that trigger with cards in the hospital (Blacksmith, Mechanical Guardian). You played it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Jones
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"his is correct! If you need to draw 3 cards but only have one left, you draw the card, The Enemy Pushes, THEN you shuffle the cards and draw the remaining 2 cards."

That is how I understand it. What I actually mean is what happens if you have to draw 3 cards, and exactly 3 remain in the hospital. My understanding is that after drawing the 3 cards, you then invoke the action (enemy pushes) but you do not shuffle the cards back into the hospital yet (and thus they remain available for actions involving the hospital.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gauthier
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Your absolutely right again! The enemy pushes but you don't shuffle the cards until the game force you to draw a new one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Jones
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks again for your quick response! This game is awesome!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls