Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chivalrous Duel with certain Heroes that copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Yabu
United States
California
flag msg tools
I had a question come up while trying out the new set.

How does Chivalrous Duel work with cards that can copy other cards (Rogue, Hulkling, etc.)? Does the card that copies also copy the Hero name of the card you copied? Or does it still remain a card of the Hero that copied?

i.e. I play Hulkling's "Impersonate" card on a Wonder Man card that did 3 attack. Does that count as 6 attack from Wonder Man, or 3 attack from each Hero?

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Glesser

Placentia
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From designer Devin Low

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10616303#10616303

Devin Low wrote:
As Copy Powers says, when you play it, it becomes a copy of the other card in every respect, with the exception that Copy Powers is also still a red Covert card.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to say that it doesn't seem very chivalrous to let Mystique pretend to be a another hero so they can tag team their opponent together.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dalestephenson wrote:
I've got to say that it doesn't seem very chivalrous to let Mystique pretend to be a another hero so they can tag team their opponent together.


I guess that's why she's a villain, not a hero...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmythecritic wrote:
dalestephenson wrote:
I've got to say that it doesn't seem very chivalrous to let Mystique pretend to be a another hero so they can tag team their opponent together.


I guess that's why she's a villain, not a hero...


Unfortunately for the argument there are also Heroes which act similarly to Mystique...Rogue and Hulking come to mind.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
i.e. I play Hulkling's "Impersonate" card on a Wonder Man card that did 3 attack. Does that count as 6 attack from Wonder Man, or 3 attack from each Hero?


Yes, Adam Glesser is right. Impersonate's hero name becomes only "Wonder Man", so it counts as 6 attack from Wonder Man and 0 from Hulkling.

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.