Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid
At the table:
Dante, Louise, Orren, Matt, Curt

Thanks to Dante for bringing this last night. I liked it a lot. We played with 5, and I actually think it might work even better with its max of 6. I like games with a resource pipeline (PR, etc.). In PG, you have to buy power plants, then buy resources for your plants, then buy cities (extending your own grid only), then use the plants and resources you have to power your cities, finally earning money based on how many cities you provided power to. A really nice surprise is that the board is double sided. Germany on one side. USA on the other. Nice. I hope that becomes a common practice.

The game was fairly close. It was interesting to see people choosing different strategies. Lousie won the special Environmentally Conscious award for having nothing but clean power in stage three (the word "Step" that they use in the rules is a poor choice, imo). I found myself in the awkward position of being able to *easily* end the game by connecting the required number of cities, but not win due to anemic power plants. Even with buying a *7* plant in the last turn to pwer 16 cities (15 is the end condition), Matt was able to connect *3* cities in the same turn to power 17. Grrrr. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.